• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help Please!

• Thread starter Thread starter aim840
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aim840

Hi

Ive just been in to clean my guineas out and one of my girls has very running stools.

Her under parts are covered in Poop!

I am about to ring the vet as i know that guineas go down hill very quickly, but does anyone have any ideas on how to treat it.... also possible she may be early in pregnancy- As she was previously kept with a boar-before i brought her home.

Thanks Ammie

Dont feed any fresh veg until her poops have firmed up,
lots of hay and her dried food will be fine.
Keep a close eye on her to make sure she is actually eating, if she isn't we can advise what to do,As she will need help to get her stomach working again.
I get this occasionally with my sow maisy, (she gets delicate tummies) It usually sorts itself out. Just have to make sure shes eating.

A probiotic from your vets will help, so ask the vet for some.
Keep us informed x

Diarrheoa dehydrates,so give her some Diarlyte or similar for 2 days.Make the powder up as per instructions on the satchet,then give little and often through the day.If you do not have any syringes ask the vet for some. 1 ml syringes are best for medication.
Paws crossed for her.

Poor little mite, hope she is ok! Cuzzy had loose stools when he had mites, I blamed the injection, I laid off veggies and the following day he was ok.

Keep us posted!

Louise
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back