help please

• Thread starter Thread starter ppow
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ppow

we have recently got two piggies - about 9 weeks old (salt & pepper - named by kids). They are inside at present in nero 4 cage and the intention was to keep them inside but they are setting off my asthma.

Kids love them so am having to look at putting them outside in hutch - but we dont have garage or a shed. What about a hutch hugger?

Also with regards to hutches can they manage ramps as I like thelook of thistle hall at pets at home.

Hiya,

Hutch huggers are good although expensive, I don't have one, was going to do that with mine but it is cheaper for me to make a C&C Cage in the shed. Pigs can manage ramps just make sure they are secure. Some people like to put a side on them so there is no danger of the pig falling.

I've one pig in at the moment due to being seperated for mites and he sets off my rhinitis so I really do sympathise. I would get the thistle hall as it is really good quality (I have 2 lavender lodges for my boys and girls) and get the hugger for it.

Good luck!

Louise
:)

thistle hall would be a great hutch, i would put a bannister along the top floor to stop them falling down the stairs and you could put a bannister along the side of the ramp if you wanted to. it may take a while for them to use the ramp so be patient.
a hutch hugger is a must if out through winter, i personally would not have guineas out in the winter as they like similar temperatures to us, so feel the cold, but i know there are people on the forum that do. top priority would be to make sure they had a full bedroom of hay, which was changed regularly so kept dry. i think the worst thing is having to clean them out in the horrible weather.
good luck x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back