• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help Needed

• Thread starter Thread starter angie110
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

angie110

One of my female guinea pigs, muffin, used to be pretty big but now she seems to have lost alot of weight. she is about 16 weeks old.
and she is breathing really heavily but there isnt any sound to suggest this. its like shes breathing from her stomach.
I'm really worried so i hope someone can help.

:-\ sorry but it sounds like you need to take her to the vets! weight lose not good and breathing problems too! but others on here will be able to advice more than me! Big hug to you and piggy! O0

Could be a URI. I had this problem last week. My Sheltie Cuzzy was breathing like that but with no major sound coming from it. I woudl take her to a vet for a check over, if she does havea URI it's important to get her looked at so antibiotics can be given.

Hope she is ok.

Louise
x

thankyou so much for your advice. i am so worried about her :'( do you think i should seperate her from her friend for tonight just until i get her checked out by the vet?

If it is a URI it could be catching. Cuzzy is a lone boar but I did have to take my girls into another room as my vet advised me to get them out of the same breathing space.

I think perhaps it is for the best until you find out what is wrong with her.

Let us know how you get on!

Louise
x

Upper respiratory infection - not a daft question at all, if you don't ask you wont learn O0

Sorry was going to put the full title but couldn't spell respitory...lol ;)

Sounds like a URI, you should get her and her cagemate/s to the vet asap for some treatment, and make sure shes eating and drinking as much as possible, as when the weight goes down, that is a sure indication that somethings badly wrong, sadly they are so good at hiding illness from us, weight loss is one of the first things that we notice :(

If the breathing is like a bellowes from the sides,she needs a vet asap.This is more than a URTI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back