• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help Needed! Millie is looking really unwell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
Found Millie looking very hunched up in the cage this morning. When I lifted her out she was very wet underneath and it smelt quite strong too. I immediately suspected a urinary infection. I have got some Baytril so gave her some and have syringed her some water and she is now in a little cage on her own. She has also now had a small amount of diarrhea. She wants to lie on her side but can't get comfortable. She also seems to have gone very thin literally overnight. She really isn't looking good. :'( Any ideas?

I'm no expert and after this weeks shenanigans i ought to be

Why don't you try ringing up a vet and ask for advice

You say she has a small amount of diarrhoea well what worked for me there was some Diocalm from the chemist

Others will be along soon and they are more advised than me but i would definitely seek advice from the vet

Don't forget the probiotics after Baytril to keep her gut healthy & balanced...

Debbie so sorry to hear :'( poor Millie
Vets ASAP, hunched up as you know means they're in pain, the smell could be a number of things i'd hate to guess.
Have you some Metacam, pain killers?
Please let us know how she goes, sending piggie kisses to her :-* :-*

theres nothing worse than the smell of diarrhea.
apart from the impacted butt that is :o

let us know how the lil one goes?

OMG I'm sorry sorry :'(

rip millie.

it sounds like wat happned to biscuit, but it was pregauncy long term, and the babie lost its life instead :'(
I'm so sorry.

Very sorry to hear of the loss of Millie. Sweet dreams little one.

Take care,
Barbara

God bless little millie poor little girl, run free over the bridge, and you keep your chin up its a horrible thing to lose a pig so cuddle and kisses just for you :-* :-*

Debbie so very very sorry to hear about Millie going to the Bridge :'( :'( :'( :'(
RIP little one, no more pain run free your mummy's going to miss you heaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back