Peanutmochi

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you and your furry babies well. I'm reaching out to this wonderful community for advice and guidance for relocating my beloved guinea pig from Sydney (Australia) to Zurich (Switzerland).

Due to personal circumstances, I am faced with the task of moving countries, and my piggy baby is an integral part of my family whom I cannot leave behind. However, I am a bit anxious about the logistics and potential challenges associated with such a long-distance relocation for my little baby.

Please share, if anyone has any experience, tips, ideas, or resources regarding the safe transportation, acclimatization, and general well-being of guinea pigs during international moves. Any specific advice about transporting my baby in the airlines cargo hold would be much appreciated. I have contacted every airlines that flies from Sydney to Zurich, directly or indirectly and all of them have confirmed that carriage in cargo hold is the only option :(

Any advice on transporting guinea pigs in cargo hold or even cargo plane would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for your kindness and assistance. I am eager to ensure a smooth transition for my furry companion, and your expertise would be invaluable in achieving that goal.

Warmest regards,
Emily

IMG_0004.jpeg

Hello and welcome. There have been a few threads on here from people asking about moving internationally with piggies. I don’t have any links to hand but you can do a search. Maybe see if there are any companies that could transport them as well.

Good luck with the move and hope it all goes smoothly.

Back