Help Me!

Jenni85

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Blossom is in season, Willow will not leave her alone, constantly at her back end, sniffing, trying to mount and Blossom is getting really peeved off with it by the looks of it. She gave her a right telling off last night and wouldn't let her in the upstairs hidey. I just don't want it to turn into a full in falling out. Is there anything I can do to give Blossy a break or do I just need to ride it out.

I'm probably worrying for nothing, I know.

I'm pretty sure Blossom is in season, Willow will not leave her alone, constantly at her back end, sniffing, trying to mount and Blossom is getting really peeved off with it by the looks of it. She gave her a right telling off last night and wouldn't let her in the upstairs hidey. I just don't want it to turn into a full in falling out. Is there anything I can do to give Blossy a break or do I just need to ride it out.

I'm probably worrying for nothing, I know.

Hi

If possible please do not interfere.
How old are your sows? In teenagers, this is usually just a strong season but in adult sows (typically between 2-4 years), it could be an indication of ovarian cysts; especially if the behaviour isn't over within a day or two.

You can find more information in this guide here: Sows: Behaviour and female health problems (including ovarian cysts)

Hi, they're approaching 4 months old. They're currently out for floor time but Willow is just pestering the life out of Blossom.

The behaviour started last night.

I actually think they both might be in season because they're mounting each other?!

They've kept me in my toes today 😂

Domination and hormones can be quite a lot especially in teenagers. I would personally recommend to just keep and eye on them and allow them to work it out themselves.
They really can get up to a lot of mischief :))

Domination and hormones can be quite a lot especially in teenagers. I would personally recommend to just keep and eye on them and allow them to work it out themselves.
They really can get up to a lot of mischief :))
I'm really starting to worry that their bond is going to break now, the behaviour is still going on although not as bad.

I'm really starting to worry that their bond is going to break now, the behaviour is still going on although not as bad.

Try not to worry. If they are in season then it’ll last a couple of days and then they will settle.

Try not to worry. If they are in season then it’ll last a couple of days and then they will settle.
I'm trying 😂 I'm a bad worrier.

What is classed as teenage years in piggies? They're coming upto 4 months (born around end of November) do season's get stronger then?

I'm trying 😂 I'm a bad worrier.

What is classed as teenage years in piggies? They're coming upto 4 months (born around end of November) do season's get stronger then?

Teens is 4 until 14 months of age.
They are likely having a strong season as they are teens. Wiebke has already linked in the sows guide above which explains seasons in more detail

Teens is 4 until 14 months of age.
They are likely having a strong season as they are teens. Wiebke has already linked in the sows guide above which explains seasons in more detail
Yeah, I did read it.

It's just nice getting advice and reassurance from people who've been through it I suppose.

Yeah, I did read it.

It's just nice getting advice and reassurance from people who've been through it I suppose.

Absolutely it is!
The guides are useful as they explain more than we can repeat in any post.

They should be fine, it’s just something they’ve got to go through.

Absolutely it is!
The guides are useful as they explain more than we can repeat in any post.

They should be fine, it’s just something they’ve got to go through.
They're probably not phased by it but I'm worrying terrible 😂

OK, normal service has resumed. They're being super affectionate with each other, they were even asleep cuddled together in the tip hidey when I got home from work (this never happens) haha.

I honestly don't remember being this paranoid about my child's wellbeing when he was born than I am about these 2 divas 😂😂 (joke, obvs)

Back