• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

HELP- Jeremy has eaten a ribbon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiep

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Naughty pig has just bitten off a ribbon from my T shirt and swallowed it - about 5 inches of v.thin baby ribbon. This was about 40mins ago and he now seems ot be squeaking when he tries to poop, and only llittle bits come out. he also ate his poop which he does not normally do.
Will the ribbon pass through him OK? How long does it take for pigs to digest stuff?

I tried to pull it out of his mouth but he thought I was trying to pinch his food and so gobbled it down extra quick. :(

All guinea pigs eat their poo, if they don't eat their poo I would be seriously worried, it's a natural thing. They only eat their poo straight from their bum though, they won't eat it if its touched the ground, I don't know about the ribbon, but go the vets, seriously.
If he's squeeking when he poo's it's because it hurts because he can't get it out, go to the vets.

He's settled down and having a snooze next to Tiger at the mo.. he has been pooing fine up to now, maybe the ribbon has given him tummy ache.

I hope it comes out ok.

Spoken to the vets, they think it should scrunch up into a ball and pass out in a day or so, but taking him in anyway to get his bottom checked out.
Naughty boy!

Well done, I'm a panic panic piggy mum, i think its always best to be sure! You are a good piggy mum to call a vet! ;)

katiep said:
Spoken to the vets, they think it should scrunch up into a ball and pass out in a day or so, but taking him in anyway to get his bottom checked out.
Naughty boy!

should be ok and come out the other end.......... cheeky boy! long ribbon on a shirt! LOL

katiep said:
Naughty boy!

Even though it will probably pass through O.K., I think it would be wise (like you plan to do) just to have him checked out. I'm sure he will be fine. Let us know what the vets say. O0

Thanks guys, will do, he is eating OK (tons as usual), however it seems to hurt when he poops as he squeaks, so am taking him tomorrow.

Thanks for the help! I will now have to try and sort out my chewed T shirt!

Ha ha, the vet said "Wow, he's a big'un"!

Jeremy is still scoffing, and we are still waiting for the ribbon to reappear! He seems totally fine though ... I will weigh him as he is huge!

kellyandpiggies♥ said:
LOL he's probably eaten it again! LMAO

Kelly I hope not! he is so naughty - he has been chewing wood off the cane furniture tonight!
I saw something poking out his botty so caught him and gave it a gentle tug - pooh what a pong, it was just bits of hair and straw. OH reckons the riibbon will disintegrate and won't emerge the other end.
Dear me, they are so naughty and cheeky - but so cute and funny! Anyway he seems to be fine thank heavens! hasn't stopped eating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back