Help! I've got a Piggy Barber!

• Thread starter Thread starter bunpig
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bunpig

i got my two new baby boars a few days ago, bathed them and put them in a hutch together. They appeared to be getting along fine until overnight the cream pig barbered (chewed off) the other pig's hair :( Then the next day i looked at them the cream one had been barbered by the ginger one! >:( but the cream one had also done more barbering to the ginger one! if they carry on like this they will both be skinnypigs soon! :o
Do you think this behaviour will stop once the pecking order has been established?
Do i need to seperate them? :-\

Two questions for you- how much hair was chewed off, and are there any injuries, teeth chattering, etc.?

Kimmie

there has been no teethchattering only a few minor scuffles inside the sleeping quarters. he has chewed off about an inch or fur - more in some areas :(

If they're not hurt then just watch them very carefully. However, if fierce fighting and injuries do occur they should be separated. Good luck and keep us posted!

Kimmie

there hasn't been any fighting. i stuffed a whole load of hay in their little house in the hope that they will nibble on that instead of each others fur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back