Help! I Dont Know What To Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate L

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have 3 guinea pigs Bella (3 years old, sheltie), Phoebe ( 4 years old, Has arthritis and eye abrasion) and Pepper (12 weeks old, is a self white show pig).
Phoebe has been to the vet today and he says that she has a corneal abrasion (caused by Bella and Phoebe fighting) she is on metacam, and eye drops 6 times a day.
Also Bella is covered in scabs (caused by fighting), so I decided to separate them. My little white show pig, does not get on with either Phoebe or Bella (they are both like bully's to her and chase her round and bite her), which as you know would be very frightening for a little 350g piggy. She also has different food (alfalfa) and can not be stained as then she wouldn't be show quality.
The problem is that in 10 days, I am leaving to go to England for 5 and a 1/2 weeks. For the first two weeks, my dad will be looking after them. The other 3 and a 1/2 weeks a house sitter will be looking after them. So basically they will be getting just the basics, like food, water, a clean cage and the occasional chin rub or pat on the head. Unlike the usual, cuddle time and floor time each day.
I am wondering what to do as I can't seem to find away to keep them together, as if they are, they will fight and I don't want any injury's while I am away.
Please help if you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back