Help Have v randy baby!

• Thread starter Thread starter hils78
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hils78

One of my baby boars is getting VERY randy - humping everything in sight esp his sister! he's only a little over 2 weeks. Can I take him out even though he's still feeding off of mum? I seriously don't want anymore inbreds!....

Yes, am afraid you need to :( Rattie's babs were taken out at 2 weeks. He'll wheek something chronic, but needs must :)

I would take him out. If he's two weeks he should be fine. Weigh him to make sure he's not losing weight and give him some milk supplement if you're worried about him, but otherwise he should be fine. You definitely don't need any inbred babies!

Kimmie

I would take him out too, I had to do that with one of Lily's boys

Some boys do start young! Ask Beks about my Chester........

Whip him out now to be on the safe side!

Its just a bit of a shock with him only being so young! It started when I put them all in the big run for a bit of floor time - I haven't moved so quick in my whole life getting him off his sister :o
Will get him out - do you think I should take one of the others out to keep him company?

yeah, I did that with Rattie's. Although Titch was the only boy - he joined Ton and Guin for a while - but had mostly me for company as dear Uncle Ton has no time for jumping babies! ;)

Although I had a thought - as its the boy who I was going to keep anyway I might give the people a call who are hand rearing a litter & ask if I can take one of their boars tomorrow. I can then keep the remaining 2 in with MagPie so that they keep a close bond. Apparantly I have a choice of a Black boar & or a Silver & white one with red eyes. I still haven't seen them but I'm swaying towards the silver & white but won't know till I see them.
Aaaaaaggggghhhhh this was all meant to happen next week end - will keep you posted 8)

Oh boy, men are sure something ::). Can't wait to hear more about the new addition! ;D

Kimmie

I wish that he had given me the grace of 3 weeks! Its one big hormone explosion here ?
After I had a disasterous bonding session with Pudding & my 3 origional girls which resulted in a ripped ear & chunk of eyelid missing (from Pudding), now Wisp is being a grumpy little baggage. Willow is fine thank god. Little randy boy is well being VERY loud shouting for his mum which is quite sad but MagPie seems to be quite oblivious to the fact. I'm pleased really because she is so thin its unreal - I'm counting down the days till I can Ivomec her. One less baby feeding from her will be a good thing.

Can't wait till tomorrow & poss having a friend for Little Bear. I have left a message with the people but no return call as yet.

hils78 said:
I wish that he had given me the grace of 3 weeks! Its one big hormone explosion here ?
After I had a disasterous bonding session with Pudding & my 3 origional girls which resulted in a ripped ear & chunk of eyelid missing (from Pudding),

oh boy i didnt expect that :(

All Maggies boys have been rumbling around with little inflated egos feeling sexy! I have taken them all out now & will be getting the new baby boar tomorrow. They sound like little pneumatic drills all stropping about. MagPie certainly seems to be relieved only having Elizabeth to feed. I did actually see her duck down when they all started up earlier - I know the feeling!

They do shout don't they - boy it sounded like 20 adults demanding to be fed, not 3 little squirts! I feel a bit bad with them being so tiny but as I said before I can't take the risk of anymore inbreds - esp as these all have extra toes :o

At least they're all together. If they already have extra toes and are getting over-eager to be 'big boys' then they needed to be separated.

A lady recently got two guinea pigs from a friend, one girl one boy (thought they were both boys). So the girl has babies and she leaves the boy in for two weeks afterwards because she felt bad when they were squealing because they were separated. The first litter was three babies, she kept two, found a home for one and the Dad, and surrendered the Mum to me. The Mum is pregnant. We've worked out the math and think it will probably be two more weeks. On top of that, litters typically get bigger as sows continue to have them, and she is quite large for the time she's been pregnant, so she may have three or more ::). It's not the same as your scenario, but it's a story about an unwanted pregnancy nonetheless (though both she and her babies will be loved);D

Kimmie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back