• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

help Flees

• Thread starter Thread starter babe marmalade wee-man
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

babe marmalade wee-man

my guinea pig has got flees :( and i need to treat him what do u sugest ?

If your arent sure its worth taking your piggies to the vet so they can diagnose and tell you how to treat :)

guinea pigs very rarely get fleas, if at all. If you can see things moving then it's lice. I would take him to the vets for a check to make sure

It's probably lice or mites - you need to take the piggy to the vet to find out what it is, they will give you some treatment for him.

i saw a big black thin and i picked it up to look at it and it jumped somwhere and he has yellow young yellow ones on him :(

The yellow ones are probably the lice.. are they sort of worm like? I'm not sure what to say about the big black bug..

When you take them to the vet to diagnose it, if it's lice they'll give you something like Lime Sulfer Dip. You sponge this on your piggies and then you have to hold them until they dry - making sure they don't ingest it.

Could it have been just one lonely little bug that happened to be on your piggy or near him? i don't know, but I think a vet visit is in order.

Does the Johnson small animal insecticidal shampoo get rid of lice? :-\ I've never had a pig with lice before.

my guinea has dandruff bless him but that might be the treatment i have been using for him
it gets rid of fleas live and ringworm which alfie and archie had
i highly recomend it
go to your nearest pet store and dey will recomend it
its ina little tube its relli good

pelicano said:
Does the Johnson small animal insecticidal shampoo get rid of lice? :-\ I've never had a pig with lice before.

That stuff is dangerous. It contains pyrethins which can cause seizures in rats so I'm pretty sure it's not something you want to use on a guinea pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back