Help! C&c Cage Builders!

Powelly78

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys,

We collect Our long awaited piggies today...yey.

Having a meltdown with the cage. We’ve built it and I have clearly been confused about the C&C cage. So we ordered a 5x2 with a 1x2 loft. I ordered very expensive but lovely liners to fit this size.

For some reason the cage is wider than this? I know there is the connectors but is that the issue? Is must be as it has been built correctly. Or do I cut the correx down to fit the liner?

I also ordered a ramp but what that mean is they sent extra grids to bend and use gutter. Any other idea on how to create the inner of the ramp?

We have left this until now as the kids are like ninjas and are having to do it in secret. Plus we’ve been ill. So this is all only coming to light now :help:

On a positive, can’t wait to send pics of the girls once they are here.

Xx

I have a 5x2 liner and it IS smaller in width/length than the grids WITHOUT connectors. I cut my correx so that it fits within the inner edges of the connectors - so the liners now reach to the edges of the correx. As for the ramp, I lined mine with spare correx and then stuck old carpet tiles to the correx for grip.

I have a 5x2 liner and it IS smaller in width/length than the grids WITHOUT connectors. I cut my correx so that it fits within the inner edges of the connectors - so the liners now reach to the edges of the correx. As for the ramp, I lined mine with spare correx and then stuck old carpet tiles to the correx for grip.
Thanks so much for the reply. The liners are actually 2’6 as she has accounted for shrinkage. The correx will be miles narrower than the cage. I say miles but mean at least 8 inches. Have no option at the minute than to use the connectors.

Ok, so I am left with about an inch and a half gap down either side of the correx liner now as we fit it all together before we realised. Will this be a huge issue in terms of wee?

What a blumming nightmare. Even when we cut the correx down when we can it it still going to look a bit odd.

Have managed to make a ramp from some left over flooring, pee pads, cable ties and then cut a grid in half to make sides.

Note to self: do not ever buy Guineas pods as a surprise present ever, ever again :oops:

Thanks so much for the reply. The liners are actually 2’6 as she has accounted for shrinkage. The correx will be miles narrower than the cage. I say miles but mean at least 8 inches. Have no option at the minute than to use the connectors.

Ok, so I am left with about an inch and a half gap down either side of the correx liner now as we fit it all together before we realised. Will this be a huge issue in terms of wee?

What a blumming nightmare. Even when we cut the correx down when we can it it still going to look a bit odd.

Have managed to make a ramp from some left over flooring, pee pads, cable ties and then cut a grid in half to make sides.

Note to self: do not ever buy Guineas pods as a surprise present ever, ever again :oops:

Where did you buy the cage from?

I ask because when you said expensive I assumed C and C Guinea Pig Cages | Guinea Pig Cages but they never send grids to be bent for ramps...just extra grids for a loft support and thick cores ramp.

Wondering if they changed things because i’ve Never heard of a problem with their sizes before.

Where did you buy the cage from?

I ask because when you said expensive I assumed C and C Guinea Pig Cages | Guinea Pig Cages but they never send grids to be bent for ramps...just extra grids for a loft support and thick cores ramp.

Wondering if they changed things because i’ve Never heard of a problem with their sizes before.

We got it from Grendle. It shows you bending a grid but don’t actually think they provided a grid to do that. We’ve sorted it now but will have to cut the correx down after xmas.

X

Hi peeps, I'm a newbie on here. I have built my cage and am on the hunt for fleece liners. There are lots of recommendations for C & E Cosies.....they look and sound great but please don't waste hours of your time like I have just done, searching and trying to order only to find that they have stopped production due to new baby in the family. Lovely and looks like a fantastic little business......but they haven't updated their web pages! I'm going to try Ziggies next.....any other suggestions appreciated! :)

There is a lady on Facebook KatKins I think her name is I’ve had tunnels and sacks made by her she’s lovely.

Back