• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Hello so my friend sent me this

lavender91

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello so my friend sent me a photo he has 2 girls as well and wanted me to ask he feeds them oxbow food and treats and veggies like Lettuce and carrots and he has pee pads under their fleece blankets and noticed an orange spot but it doesn't look like blood and they aren't bleeding or anything

I personally think it just looks like urine that has dried/oxidied... especially depending on what they are eating, pigs can have pee that can dry to orangish/brownish while still being normal. I would be more wary of blood that looks red or pink or any signs of discomfort/squeaking when peeing. Definitely worth keeping an eye on but it looks like oxidization to me.

I personally think it just looks like urine that has dried/oxidied... especially depending on what they are eating, pigs can have pee that can dry to orangish/brownish while still being normal. I would be more wary of blood that looks red or pink or any signs of discomfort/squeaking when peeing. Definitely worth keeping an eye on but it looks like oxidization to me.
That's what I was thinking they had carrots not that long before the photo was taken

I agree on the oxidisation. Also the pads have chemicals in them that change colour when wet. I've had some strange shades of orange and blue!
True he just uses them underneath fleece for easier clean photo is what he uses

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240321_133341_Amazon Shopping.webp
    Screenshot_20240321_133341_Amazon Shopping.webp
    99.9 KB · Views: 1
I agree too. Red fruit and veggies can alter the colour of pee, but it doesn’t look like blood to me

Back