• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

hello all,I'm new and need some help

• Thread starter Thread starter cookie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cookie

hello all,
my guinea pig jack is just over 5 years old and was as lively and happy as any guinea can be
but last week he started pooing a little less and they were less formed than usual he was also not his lively happy self
so when i was cleaning his cage over the weekend i thought i would give him a bath.
my fiance noticed this weird white thing hanging out of his bum and *me being me*grabbed a tissue and just pulled slightly and this long thick white thing came out (both me and my fiance thought it was a bean shoot!)but of course he doesnt eat those.
however immedietly after that jack really perked up,got his appetite back for his food and was almost back to his lively self.
his poops are still runny at times and I'm perplexed about what this could have been and i have been trying to look this up but cant find any information.
and i was hoping with all of your vast knowledge someone would be able to help me!
i just want to make sure that i am doing the best for him and giving him the right food ,his got a good appetite :)

Welcome to the forum :)

Sure it was his bum? Some boys tend to 'relieve' themselves - a sperm plug.

Could of course be that something was blocking him inside and he was just uncomfy and needed a hand to dislodge it :)

Also due to his age their is a chance of impaction this too, may've put him off his food for a while

Kelly x

thanks,I'm really pleased i found you guys :)

I'm pretty sure it was his bum

I'm just so relieved you didnt say it was something serious with his age etc i am always watching out for him and when that white thing came out i was very worried,although he did perk up alot after it just seemed really strange.

thanks so much for getting back to me and putting my mind at rest its very much appreciated

thanks for all your help its very much appreciated

and i hope uncle ton is doing well :smitten:

I put my male in the tub once and when i got him out i noticed a hard white blob stuck to one of the towels ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back