• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Heaving hiccups are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay7

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Murphy started again with the Heaving hiccups again last night. Poor little lad. He is ok now after his neutering. Back to the vets tomorrow for his post op check so i will tell them about the hiccups then.

Poor little thing has settled this am but they were really bad last night he was heaving up fluid again like last time. :'(

Hope its not going to be something that happens every few weeks or so it was just over 4 weeks since last time :(

Sorry cant help with what is causing it but It must be a big worry for you.

Could it be related to a food your giving him? Might be an allergic reaction of some sort, just a thought?

Some food particle may have gone down the wrong way? Hope he is ok!
x

SkinnyLover said:
Could it be related to a food your giving him? Might be an allergic reaction of some sort, just a thought?

He only really eats Carrot and Romaine Lettuce he doesnt like anything else he went off cucumber. Keep trying him with other things but he just leaves it. Yesterday i gave him curly kale for a change and he ate some just wondering now if its that.

Do you know anything about food allergies have you had any of yours allergic to any foods?

He eats loads of muesli and hay and readi grass. But is really fussy with his veg. The carrot even has to be whole for him to eat it chop it and he leaves it!

I don't know anything about piggy allergies personally, it was just something I thought could be a possibility. Maybe phone Vedra and see what she has to say?

SkinnyLover said:
I don't know anything about piggy allergies personally, it was just something I thought could be a possibility. Maybe phone Vedra and see what she has to say?

Do you know where i can get her number from? Seen it on here a few times wish i had wrote it down now. Is she ok with people just ringing her?

Lindsay can you remember what veggies he had in with him the last time this happened?

Sweetie our paws are crossed for Murph, i'm hoping it's something that's upsetting his gullet :-\ :-\

For our little Murphy :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

sokel said:
Lindsay can you remember what veggies he had in with him the last time this happened?

No thats what I'm trying to think back to now. It was two days after i got him. Curly Kale might have been in his bowl last time.

Wonder if it is that?

You could do a controlled experiment, wait til he's been over it a week say, then feed it to him again see what happens

With you Lindsay :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: this little guy has as all in love :smitten: :smitten:

Once again some great advice by our mods and wonderful piggie people O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Aren't we sooo lucky :smitten:

I would definatly try him again with kale once he settles as liz has said at least it will rule it out if he doesnt react to it the next time.
All mine love kale and I have never had a problem with it

sokel said:
I would definatly try him again with kale once he settles as liz has said at least it will rule it out if he doesnt react to it the next time.
All mine love kale and I have never had a problem with it

Nor me they love it so much they go off things but never Kale. :)

Yer all mine love Kale, poor little man, i hope you find the cause Lindsay, he's a little soldier :smitten:

Went home at dinner and he has picked up bless him he was having a little munch on his food. He had a run round the kitchen while i was at home. Just phoned home as OH is back from work and he says he had been eating his hay. Hoping its something as simple as kale upsetting him.

Back at Vet tomorrow for his post op check so will mention it then. Bless him.

Keep telling him he cant be poorly his new wife is moving in with him in just over 3 weeks! :smitten:

If its Heaving Hiccups mine get them when they eat too fasst and particular guins get it.... Never had the fluid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back