Heater Recommendations

Two_Wheeks

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hi All!

This year, we moved the boys into my 'office', which is essentially a lean-to utility room (brick walls, windows, perspex roof). We covered the roof so it stayed su[er cool in the summer, but now it's getting colder so is the room.

Currently, there's an old two-bar type fire (it's vintage, orange, and lovely!). It works a treat and is on most of the day on low, but we wouldn't trust it overnight. The pigs have snuggle pads (currently one, but we have 4), lots of hay, and hanging blankets that they wrap themselves into.

I'd like to get a heater that has a thermostat to keep the room at a steady 18C overnight, and wondered if anyone had any recommendations? I've seen some on Amazon, but am at a bit of a loss - some reviews are great others are awful! Some that pop up are just frost guards which are no good. So, any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

I have this, which I'm very happy with:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CKMH...abc_GGYZZ39T8X8VCH256P2R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Before that I had a smaller one from Dunhelm. I always have it on over winter all night at one end of the c and c cage, so they can choose to sit by it or not. They usually choose to sit by it, which makes me feel they need it. They live indoors but I prefer a slightly cool home, so this keeps them cosy. I dust it and make sure fleece or hay doesn't cover it, and don't have it touching the cage, just in case of fire risk. I feel safe with it on all night which like you, I wouldn't with a bar fire.

Oh I should say, our home is open plan with a tiny kitchen and huge lounge. So this doesn't heat the whole space up, it heats part of the room. I have a little thermometer at the end of the cage where the heater is, so I can see it doesn't get too cool. So I'm not sure if it would heat your whole room. It comes in different sizes, for different sized rooms.

Hi @Black piggies thank you for this - it looks pretty good.

The rest of the house is open plan, but the little utility room is about 3x2m (being generous!), so not huge, this could work! I love the house to be too warm all of the time (I think I was a reptile in a previous life!)!

Thanks again :P

Back