How long does the heat last in them?

How do you heat them?

Thanks for reading!

karen

Theyre great for outdoor piggies
Mostly u only put them in at night except when its really cold
The heat lasts about 12 hours
I think you put it in boiling water but some work differently

Karen the O'Connor Piggies recommend them they are absolutely fabulous. My piggies are in the piggy shed as you know and i put them in at night around 8 which is when its their bedtime and i go to cover them up/draw their curtains lol. I got mine from P & H they are called snuggle safe heat pads they are like a thicker version of a fribee no idea what is in them. You pop them in the microwave for a few mins time varies on what wattage of micro you have it lists the various micros and how long you need to put it in for on the actual pad. Mine go in for seven mins. They come with a little fleece cover on it so you can wash it.
I just pop them in the bedroom part and they stay warm for 10 hours.

Mine were 18 pounds each not sure if you can get them cheaper anywhere else as i have only seen them in P & H.

Defo 10 out of 10 from my piggies O0

I bought one when I got my first Skinny but I realised that she did not need a constant heat source due to her living indoors with others.
I have used it a couple of times when a piggy has been ill and it has really helped them.
http://www.snugglesafe.co.uk/heatpad.htm

Emma x

i dont have one :-\ mine live in my house with me and so i dont think they need them

would these not cause problems with the temperature difference in the winter?
Just thought if they are snug and warm during the night then in the early hours when its sub zero and the snuggler is cold its going to be changing temperatures all the time :-\

they were cool this morning and you could see your breath in the shed.

lined the floor with grass, and cardboard around the inside of the shed and more hay in the sleeping bit.

would it be better getting a heater would need to run on batteries no electric in shed.

its sub zero temperatures here this morning aswell.
I have already replied to your PM but by grass are we talking fresh grass?If you are that will make it even colder as grass has moisture and will get a frost on it.
I would put lots of newspaper down on top of the lino and then put hay or the soft finely chopped straw on top of the newspaper to help with insulation.Did you insulate the walls and roof?
I cant think of any battery operated heaters and if there is some I can imagine they will cost a fortune in batteries to run all night and Doubt the batteries would een last all night

My piggy is in a hutch (high off the ground) in the shed (quite warm naturally) should I consider getting one of these heat pad thingies? I'm not sure what to do 98) Hutch is lined with layers of newspapers, wood shavings, shredded paper and bedroom area packed out with fresh meadow hay daily. Should I add a heat pad?

I bought one today as its so cold, going to line shed with cardboard and tarpulin too let u know how i get on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back