Heat Lamps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harveb

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My piggies live outside in hutches but the hutches are under a covered lean to. I have lined the walls of the lean to with fleece blankets, the hutch has a deep layer of shavings then a very deep layer of hay, they all have hides that have fleece on top. I'm still worried that they will get cold. My question is does anyone use heat lamps? I'm thinking about getting them but unsure if they would be dangerous for the piggies or a fire risk. All advice would be great

I could fit greenhouse heaters into each hutch, I'm just worried incase shavings or hay catch fire. Do the heaters get hot enough to worry?

They're designed to keep frost away, mine is covered in dust from shavings, but never gets too hot to burn. It's hot to the touch which is why it's better putting it high up in the hutch away from piggy lips. My oil filled radiator is next to the piggies night compartments of the hutch, that way they feel it through the wall of the hutch and keep toastie on a cold night. :tu:

I will give them a go and see how they get on. My girls all cuddle up but I still want them to have the option to keep warm if they want some alone time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back