• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

heartpigs

• Thread starter Thread starter poco_figgy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poco_figgy

how do i know if my guinea pigs are heartpigs? please help I'm worrying about them :-\

I was just going to google it ?
can't find anything :-\

its a guinea pig with an oversized heart, birth defect, my last one deid at just 9 months old

Sorry I didn't know...I was just trying to see what it was on-line but couldn't find anything !
wouldn't your vet be able to tell you ?

I read about heart problems on the PG site this afternoon, long gasps between breaths can mean heart problems. Take a look at Peter Geurney's website he has some info and also Guinea Lynx. :)

our last one died on the way to the vet because he was scared in the car, he was taking very deep breaths aswell... but his heart was beating out of his little ribs

Oh dear :'( :'( :'(
Are your piggies from the same litter, could that be the problem?
I do hope everything will be ok :-\
Sending healing wheeks and loves to you and your piggie :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey,
My 7 year old guinea pig was diagnosed with an enlarged heart, i was devastated and worried continuously but she was put on medicine which helped enormously. You would not have known there was anything wrong with her. She was still running round as if she was 7 months and not 7 years. Unfortunately she had to be put to sleep for other reasons. But made me think that i shouldnt have worried so much about her heart problem in the first place. Obviously its a worry if your guinea pig does have heart problems but it isnt the end of the world as in Wispys case something else cropped up before the heart became a major problem. I found the medication brilliant as she also loved taking it, must have tasted really sweet. She would be waiting at cage twice a day. And opened her mouth so i could syringe it in. Bless her she was a little angel, miss her terribly.
Mandy

sammy said:
Is your piggy ill now then?
no. the're not ill, but i am a little worried that one of them, (figgy) may have a heart problem...but we try to give them a great life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back