• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

heart problems

• Thread starter Thread starter tawny
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tawny

well yesterday i took minty to the vets, for a while he seemed to be breathing faster than the others, no good with breeds but he is an off white and looks like a sheep and has dark ears and nose and lips, so that made it hard to judge if things were ok. the vet reckoned his tongue should be pinker than it is but said it's hard to judge pigs with dark pigment.

he reckons minty could have a heart problem but would like to rule out any underlying infection first.

he's put minty on baytril till saturday when i have to take him back so they can decide what to do :-\ any body got or had a piggy with heart problem?

seems to be one thing after another.

I hope it is just an infection. I have had a guinea with a heart murmur, which she didn't need treatment for, but other then that I haven't had a guinea or known of a guinea that has had heart problems. However, I have heard of guineas with heart problems living normal life's, either with medication or without. Keep us updated. :)

Good luck love, let us know how you go at the vets on Saturday :)
Sending lots of piggie kisses and cyber get well vibes to Minty :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back