Healthy Herby hay alternative?

Sparklepetal

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have just seen on Instagram that Healthy Herby hay are having to close for some months due to an incident on their farm 🙁

I was just going to order more from them this morning as they have become my trusted supplier. Anyone out there who has used Healthy Herby and others able to point me towards someone else who will have similar product? Trudy is accustomed to their 'ancient meadow' hay and 'Timothy blend' which I think is a mixture of Timothy and orchard hay. I don't want to upset her by getting Wrong Dinner!

Could you get timothy and orchard hay from somewhere else and mix them yourself? It's what I used to do back when I used Happy Hay.

Could you get timothy and orchard hay from somewhere else and mix them yourself? It's what I used to do back when I used Happy Hay.
Yes that would work. I'm mostly thinking it's hard to guess whose hay will be similar before I do any mixing!

I know the feeling, the goblins are the fussiest little gits. If they're used to the stalkier timothy, the Happy Hay might be a decent option. I'd still be buying it if they didn't ship via DPD, the goblins absolutely loved it and their orchard (and the oat, lol), but if they prefer a softer hay, that one's out.

I have just seen on Instagram that Healthy Herby hay are having to close for some months due to an incident on their farm 🙁

I was just going to order more from them this morning as they have become my trusted supplier. Anyone out there who has used Healthy Herby and others able to point me towards someone else who will have similar product? Trudy is accustomed to their 'ancient meadow' hay and 'Timothy blend' which I think is a mixture of Timothy and orchard hay. I don't want to upset her by getting Wrong Dinner!
I've the exact same issue. I have found using The Happy Co for Meadow hay and Hay Box for Course Cut Timothy Hay has been the next best for my boys. I have a piggy with a sensitive tummy and he does very with with this combination. Curse Cut is effectively 1st cut Timothy with the seed heads. 1st Cut has been recommended to me by a very for piggies with sensitive tummies. I use the Meadow hay in the bedroom for soft comfort and eating with the Timothy hay in a hanging, large opening, hay bag, to keep this away from poop etc. The hay mentioned is a bit more expensive, but it worth it until Healthy Herby are back and running again. Both companies use a next day delivery service, usually DPD. Hope this helps!

Back