Health Checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulaNettlefold

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Good evening, I am hoping to return to the world of guinea pig slavery. I had a bonded group of 7 at one point, one neutered boy and 6 sows. We lost the last one 4 years ago. At the time I had a very small baby and a 4 year old. Now the kids are older and asking for piggies. I have seen locally someone wishing to rehomed a year old neutered sow (has vet record) And her three month old boar baby. They are wanting to keep the remaining sow babies, don't want a boar. I am hoping to meet with and handle them this week, and wanted to make sure I check everything necessary healthwise.....
Clean ears, clear eyes, no snuffles, well formed feet and claws, check genitals, and anal sac of boar. check teeth condition, general body condition and coat. check skin, any mites/sores. general handle ability. am I missing anything? it's been a while
Thankyou in advance

Good evening, I am hoping to return to the world of guinea pig slavery. I had a bonded group of 7 at one point, one neutered boy and 6 sows. We lost the last one 4 years ago. At the time I had a very small baby and a 4 year old. Now the kids are older and asking for piggies. I have seen locally someone wishing to rehomed a year old neutered sow (has vet record) And her three month old boar baby. They are wanting to keep the remaining sow babies, don't want a boar. I am hoping to meet with and handle them this week, and wanted to make sure I check everything necessary healthwise.....
Clean ears, clear eyes, no snuffles, well formed feet and claws, check genitals, and anal sac of boar. check teeth condition, general body condition and coat. check skin, any mites/sores. general handle ability. am I missing anything? it's been a while
Thankyou in advance

Hi and welcome!

You are quite thorough! You may find this guide here helpful. It has been written for new owners as a general guide for what is normal and what not for each body part.
Guinea pig body quirks

You may find our new owners starter kit helpful to come up to date and discover some new information to give you as smooth a start as possible.
" Starter Kit" Of Information Threads For New Owners

Welcome to the forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back