• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Angelina_97866

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Help, I noticed today my guinea pig has developed a head tilt but too late as the vets closed at 12.30pm. Tomorrow is Christmas Day so the vets are all closed but the one I go to opens on Boxing Day. Please help, how can I keep my pig comfortable and (alive) until I can go to the vet - will he be okay? I am syringe feeding him with water and pellet food mix because he has lost his appetite - he has been eating small amounts of carrot and lettuce. I'm trying to keep him hydrated but I'm worried he won't last a whole day. PLEASE HELP!

My piggy jade an ear infection a while back and developed head tilt. I'd just recommend a vet as soon as possible :)

Help, I noticed today my guinea pig has developed a head tilt but too late as the vets closed at 12.30pm. Tomorrow is Christmas Day so the vets are all closed but the one I go to opens on Boxing Day. Please help, how can I keep my pig comfortable and (alive) until I can go to the vet - will he be okay? I am syringe feeding him with water and pellet food mix because he has lost his appetite - he has been eating small amounts of carrot and lettuce. I'm trying to keep him hydrated but I'm worried he won't last a whole day. PLEASE HELP!

Hi
I am very sorry. These things often happen on weekends or bank holidays.

Please contact the out of hours vet services. You can either find the number via the phone message at your regular vet's number or by googling for out of hours vets your area. They are not cheap (day time hours are usually a bit less expensive than overnight services) but you should get a look and some likely some antibiotics there.

Here is our bridging care advice: Emergency and Crisis Care as well as Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

All the best!

Hi, I hope you've been able to get something sorted. If you've already seen the vet they've probably told you whether it's an ear infection or something else. Treatable inner ear problems are the most obvious thing, especially if he's off his food (see bridging care advice above). I hope you were able to get him seen - so sorry it's been over Christmas time x

Hope you were able to get to a vet and your piggy can be easily treated.
Christmas Day emergencies are no joke.

Back