• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Head Tilt

• Thread starter Thread starter claire
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

claire

Hi Everyone

I need some advice.

For the last week Bokki has had a slight head tilt that seems to come and go. One day he will be fine and then all of a sudden he will walk and tilt his head its really strange, he is still eating well and popcorning and running around.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like an ear / balance problem. Might just need his ears cleaned out. My piggy had an ear clean-out by the vet as part of a check-up and it was amazing how much waxy stuff had built up. Had it been left, his balance would have been affected.

I would check it out with the vet.

Am pretty sure that it could be an ear problem as it comes and goes hun, best to get it checked :)

i would take him straight to the vets. baby had a tilt once and had to go on baytril and was then ok. the second time he got it the medication didn't work and i now have a piggy with a tilted head.

you must seek advice so that he can get treated

Hi Everyone

Things have gone from bad to worse

I found a lump on Beni last night on his back near his bum, so both piggies are going to the vet tonight.

I'm so worried and i want to cry.

I'm so scared about going to the vets

We have just got back from the vets and he thinks that beni's lump is a cyst and just to keep an eye on it. Its within the skin so he said he doesn't think its anything serious.

Bokki has decided to not have the head tilt today so its really hard for the vet, he said that he seems fine and just to keep an eye on things.

Feeling better now :)

Thanks everyone

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back