Haybox questions

Emx93

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hi, thinking of trying haybox since timothy. Co. UK are out of soft cut 😳 is the soft cut ok to feed alone without mixing with something else, my piggies prefer soft cut but I'm not sure if haybox will be even softer than timothy. Co. UK, will it still wear their teeth etc?
Does anyone use haybox pellets? See they are low in calcium and thinking of switching from excel 😏
How long does delivery take? I have a playgroup tomorrow so won't be home so don't want it to turn up tomorrow if I order now if that makes sense? I'll be home the rest of the week though so maybe if I order tomorrow?

I use the soft cut timothy (I also use meadow as well for bedding) and my boys adore it. Yes it works on the teeth exactly the same.

Yes I use the haybox pellets. They are just made from grass, low calcium, grain free etc. They are cold pressed and are harder and larger than commercial brands but my boys do like them. They tend to just have about 6 pellets per pig (and in summer I don’t give them every day either) and that is enough for them!

They are quick on delivery but any order placed today won’t process until tomorrow so wouldn’t be delivered until Tuesday/Wednesday.
( I have mine on subscription and the order confirmed today but I know I won’t get it until tues or weds)

I use the soft cut timothy (I also use meadow as well for bedding) and my boys adore it. Yes it works on the teeth exactly the same.

Yes I use the haybox pellets. They are just made from grass, low calcium, grain free etc. They are cold pressed and are harder and larger than commercial brands but my boys do like them. They tend to just have about 6 pellets per pig (and in summer I don’t give them every day either) and that is enough for them!

They are quick on delivery but any order placed today won’t process until tomorrow so wouldn’t be delivered until Tuesday/Wednesday.
( I have mine on subscription and the order confirmed today but I know I won’t get it until tues or weds)
Thankyou so much this is really helpful! I think I'm going to get 10kg of soft cut (my piggies really aren't stalky hay fans- they're a bit spoilt πŸ˜‚) and some pellets, they don't eat many pellets anyway but since nugget may have a stone I'm on calcium watch πŸ‘€ I may risk placing the order later today then 😁 thankyou!

Mine love the stalky stuff lol but the soft cut timothy from Haybox is gorgeously soft and very green and good for putting in hay trays, bed areas, boxes and bags, things they jump in and bury their face in :)
Tallulah naked hippo also finds it much less tickly than meadow hay! And my daughter's bunny is a big softcut fan and keeps pinching half a box, he's a fussy bun who just doesnt do meadow hay lol!
Its a lovely quality hay. My piggies just wouldnt go for the haybox pellets though, I tried and tried but... not for them, they know what they like and 8/8 said no thanks- even mixing them in with the hay they found them all and dropped them in the toilet tray or back out through the cage bars!

Mine love the stalky stuff lol but the soft cut timothy from Haybox is gorgeously soft and very green and good for putting in hay trays, bed areas, boxes and bags, things they jump in and bury their face in :)
Tallulah naked hippo also finds it much less tickly than meadow hay! And my daughter's bunny is a big softcut fan and keeps pinching half a box, he's a fussy bun who just doesnt do meadow hay lol!
Its a lovely quality hay. My piggies just wouldnt go for the haybox pellets though, I tried and tried but... not for them, they know what they like and 8/8 said no thanks- even mixing them in with the hay they found them all and dropped them in the toilet tray or back out through the cage bars!
I have cute images now of piggies dragging pellets to poop on πŸ’©πŸ˜…πŸ˜ I think I'm definitely going to give both hay and pellets a try, they don't eat many pellets anyway so it's not a huge loss if they ignore them 😏 they are also very fussy with their hay πŸ˜‚ big forage fans though πŸ˜…

Started using them this year. We have the blend. Changing the delivery seems to slow them down then our DPD seem to email around 6-7am with a same day early morning delivery! Order today and it’ll be a couple of days. Very happy with the hay for GPs and bunnies (plus the cats will sit in it given half a chance!

Just placed the order 😍 10kg soft timothy, pellets and ordered their Xmas prezzies while I was at it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜… a hay cube and a washing line thingy to hang veggies on πŸ˜‚ spoilt piggies I haven't even got my children's xmas prezzies yet πŸ˜…

I get so much less wastage with the soft cut Timothy hay. πŸ‘πŸ». My only worry is if haybox run out I’ll have a piggy mutiny on my hands.

I get so much less wastage with the soft cut Timothy hay. πŸ‘πŸ». My only worry is if haybox run out I’ll have a piggy mutiny on my hands.
My exact thoughts with the soft cut from timothy hay- they've run out πŸ˜‚ if it wasn't for haybox I think I'd have piggy mutiny too πŸ˜…

Back