Haybox has sold out of hay!

weepweeps

Senior Guinea Pig
Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Just been online to order some hay for the boys and Haybox has NO hay!

They have closed for Xmas which is fine but I would have thought I could still order for after Xmas. But the website says “sold out”.

Not happy. Where can I get good quality Timothy blend and also soft cut?

IMG_3600.webp

I ordered last week - they sent me an apology saying they’d had problems with their new packaging machine although this doesn’t explain why it’s all sold out unless they’ve done that to stop orders whilst they are closed down for Christmas. Worth trying again on the 27th unless you’re running short. I ordered emergency hay from Happy Hay - however their Timothy is more stalky than the Haybox blend. PS. If you are running short I can drop over some Blend but don’t have soft cut.

I ordered last week - they sent me an apology saying they’d had problems with their new packaging machine although this doesn’t explain why it’s all sold out unless they’ve done that to stop orders whilst they are closed down for Christmas. Worth trying again on the 27th unless you’re running short. I ordered emergency hay from Happy Hay - however their Timothy is more stalky than the Haybox blend. PS. If you are running short I can drop over some Blend but don’t have soft cut.

Thank you so much ❤️. I’m not too short as Paradise Pets at Cheney Manor do a good meadow hay.

The Hay Experts still seem to have most of their range in stock, including Excel and Selective timothy and their own brand soft cut Timothy.
I imagine anything ordered now won't arrive until late next week, but I could be wrong - especially if you can pay for next day for Saturday .

Thanks. I’m not in a particular rush. I was just shocked that they had nothing. 😳

I’ll take a look. Maybe it’s time a tried other suppliers.

I really hate change though.
Understandable, especially where our fussy furry masters are concerned. If you try something different to what they have decided they like, they may dislike it so much that you get a letter from Miss Bramble at the GPU!

Understandable, especially where our fussy furry masters are concerned. If you try something different to what they have decided they like, they may dislike it so much that you get a letter from Miss Bramble at the GPU!

Heaven forbid. I’m already on the naughty list FOREVER.

Just been online to order some hay for the boys and Haybox has NO hay!

They have closed for Xmas which is fine but I would have thought I could still order for after Xmas. But the website says “sold out”.

Not happy. Where can I get good quality Timothy blend and also soft cut?

View attachment 237949
The little hay company are great
I had really a unpleasant experience with hay box

Delicious, Premium Hay Boxes in UK

Phew! I got some delivered yesterday, just to make sure I didn't run out over Christmas. I switched to happy hay co for a change when I heard about the chopped up hay in a bag but the happy hay Timothy blend is not nearly as green as the hay box.
I'm going try the haybox hay in a bag to see what it's like.

Damn! It was a good thing I pushed our subscription 2 weeks earlier. I think this is the first time I've seen them sold out of hay. I wasn't happy about Haybox's service lately (from delivery charges changes and from boxes to bags without any announcements) but I'm torn about changing because my piggies has always loved the hay from them, well apart from the last 2.5kg box that was half burnt and had bad smell, hence the pushing for early order 2 weeks ago. I just opened the new 5kg bag of meadow hay today and the piggies gobbled it right away.

Our most recent box of soft cut Timothy came from Timothy hay.co.uk.
It’s much greener & the boys have enjoyed tucking in. Would definitely recommend it, think the piggies would too. Hope you find something that your two enjoy.

I ordered some Timothy blend the other week and still waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully this hasn't impacted my delivery.

If you want soft hay the Sweet Green Hay from Natures Own is fabulous. I ordered on Tuesday morning this week and it arrived the next day. If you spend £19.95 you get free delivery too. All their hay is good quality and they also sell forage and treats like pea flakes.

https://naturesownpets.co.uk/shop/products/sweet-green-hay

I second Nature's Own. I've been using them since 2014 and not had a problem. Since giving up Hay Box earlier in the year I have only been ordering from Natures Own. The only thing I would say against them is the square hay boxes and cardboard tunnels are advertised for guinea pigs but are not suitable, they are too small and and a piggy could get his/her head stuck.

If you want soft hay the Sweet Green Hay from Natures Own is fabulous. I ordered on Tuesday morning this week and it arrived the next day. If you spend £19.95 you get free delivery too. All their hay is good quality and they also sell forage and treats like pea flakes.

https://naturesownpets.co.uk/shop/products/sweet-green-hay

Is it stalky too? As when I put my boys on a soft hay only diet it was too rich for them so I have to mix it with something a bit stalky. But not too stalky.

Is it stalky too? As when I put my boys on a soft hay only diet it was too rich for them so I have to mix it with something a bit stalky. But not too stalky.
The normal meadow rather than the sweet green has been a lovely mix of soft and stalky the last 2 batches I've had but it does vary. Their hay is cut from a few farms around them as well as their own so I guess it depends on the weather and types of grasses in the fields. I mix it with Timothy so they don't get all the same hay all the time and get to like just one!.

Well, sort of!
The lovely Miss Bramble has been flirting with George out of office hours....🤫

This isn't going to go down well if miss bramble :rtm:catches wind of all this talk of the naughty list. :bal:

I think I've done the sold out to stop a backlog on orders until they re-open. Whether its a good idea or not I don't know.

I was going to get 4 bags of the green hay. But then decided that’s too much in case they don’t like it! Urgh. 😡

Don’t hay companies realise how much we depend on their products.

Back