Haybox alternative

quicklies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have been buying Haybox blend however each time I buy the box is dustier and dustier. I think the 5kg box that I had was 1/3 unuseable short bits/dust! Any alternatives similiar to that price? My guinea pigs only eat hay if it's all bright green as they are very picky. Previously we used Alfalfa King Timothy but that was so dusty we all sneezed from it all the time

I get the soft timothy from Hay Box. I had a delivery yesterday and it's great quality and no dust. I have had problems with them before and cancelled my subscription for a while. Hay can be very hit and miss depending on the time of year and the weather when it was growing/cut. I have use Happy Hay Co. Timothy Hay Co. and Natures Own (Meadow) all good but again hit and miss. I find it's good to change hay from time to time.

I buy 10kg of soft timothy and 10kg of meadow from Haybox and dont find those to be dusty

We currently have a mix of Haybox meadow and Haybox soft cut timothy hay also natures own sweet green hay.
I do like to mix it up and use different ones though. We used Deans farm hay for a while, which was recomended to us, I got it from thehayexperts. We have used hay brought from our local farm shop in the past too.

I use timothyhay.co.uk I get their orchard grass and it’s always very green, the boys love it!

I get the Timothy from happy hay Co, my pair love it. They're not fond of soft hays though.

Mine love the HayBox hay. I get the coarse cut / first cut and meadow hay.
Occasionally it’s not so good but so much depends on the quality of the harvest.
I do buy hay from other sources as well just for a treat.

Hey everyone, I bought a box of timothy from Happy Hay Co, sadly neither of my guinea pigs want to touch it, not even a nibble, so my search for hay continues. I guess I will have to sick with Haybox for now :)

Back