Hay

Tnoz

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Good evening all, hope everyone is ok, am I the only one whom kneels down and cuts the hay so that it doesn’t get caught around their necks? I buy big bales and the strands are quite long, so scissors out and chop chop chop lol

I buy big farm bales of hay and there is nothing more than my piggies like than hay diving. It's never even occurred to me to cut it. I've bought it now for 6 years and previously for 5 years when I had my original boys. Nothing untoward has happened.

I buy big farm bales of hay and there is nothing more than my piggies like than hay diving. It's never even occurred to me to cut it. I've bought it now for 6 years and previously for 5 years when I had my original boys. Nothing untoward has happened.
I’m just too protective I think, it doesn’t stay buffed up for long thought cuz they flatten it lol the soft bedding underneath the other hay helps when the go head first and burrow

Thankfully the skinnies don't seem to want to play in the hay, Camowen will occasionally throw himself in the middle of the pile. Comet would always throw himself in the middle of a pile but I never cut their hay down, and maybe I got lucky he never had haypoke or any other injury considering the madcap stunts he'd pull to get at his hay. Never even occurred to me to cut it honestly, I just chuck it in and let them do the rest.

Back