Hay

SarahO

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I currently go to my favourite pet shop in the next town to get the hay for my boys. I was wondering as I don’t drive and, I have to depend on my husband to take us there, is there anyone here get their hay delivered by Amazon and if they do what is it please? My favourite pet shop only does the 1st or 2nd cut of hay as everyone else do not in my area. Thank you 😊

We use hay box for our main soft hay. It is great quality

Meadow hay is sooooo green

You can get hay from Amazon.

I use Haybox and have done for a couple of years now, having used pet shop or farm shop hay for years and years beforehand. I will now only buy from Haybox. Efficient delivery, fantastic quality hay and none of my animals will eat any other type of hay now so they certainly approve!

I use the Devon Meadow Hay and Sweet Green Hay from Natures Own. The piggies love it and it is a very reasonable price. Postage is free on orders over £19.95 and it now comes in compostable packaging (not the plastic bags in the picture on the website).

https://naturesownpets.co.uk/shop/premium-hay

I buy hay from Amazon for variety as there's only a few hays on offer at my local pet shop. The selection changes but we can always find something, and we use the subscribe and save feature where we can to help keep our costs down.

I've also recently been recommended Healthy Herby by a friend and one of their sample boxes is currently going down well with my guys. It's mainly geared towards rabbits but they have plenty of piggies as customers, although I will be sticking to familiar hays as I'm not sure whether the forage mixes are okay for both. As an added bonus Healthy Herby say they send a free duplicate of what you buy to a rescue you specify at checkout, although as a disclaimer I don't know much about this and I think it has to be a rescue they're already in contact with.

I buy hay from Amazon for variety as there's only a few hays on offer at my local pet shop. The selection changes but we can always find something, and we use the subscribe and save feature where we can to help keep our costs down.

I've also recently been recommended Healthy Herby by a friend and one of their sample boxes is currently going down well with my guys. It's mainly geared towards rabbits but they have plenty of piggies as customers, although I will be sticking to familiar hays as I'm not sure whether the forage mixes are okay for both. As an added bonus Healthy Herby say they send a free duplicate of what you buy to a rescue you specify at checkout, although as a disclaimer I don't know much about this and I think it has to be a rescue they're already in contact with.

Forages for rabbits are usually absolutely fine for piggies as well. I buy forages from piggie parcels which is given to my rabbits and piggies

We love haybox too. Use to order natures own from ebay or amazon. Natures own green hay or meadow hay were both fine but the piggies much prefer haybox. Haybox is their eating hay and natures own meadow is their bedding hay.

Back