• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

hay stuck some were

• Thread starter Thread starter ebony+holly pig
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ebony+holly pig

I went to check on my guinea pigs before and my new boar Boris had hey stuck in his little man :embarassed:,so i pulled it out very gently and bathed the area with sterile water, is there any thing else i should do.

ok will do, if there is any puss/infection is it a visit to the vets and what would he need.

Boars tend to do these things regulary! Its not very nice pulling them back out, espcially if its up the buttom because it can be a bit more stinky!
As the others have said keep an eye on him and take to vets if an infection sets in or if you are worried.
Emma x

Good luck love i hope that you've caught the offending piece of hay quickly so it's not hurt him inside :( :( :(
Healing wheeks being sent now :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

i check my boars every day when i get them out, as they have this a lot! especially munchie, but his man bits trail on the floor :embarassed: ;D

i just gently pull it out, but have nver had a problem with infection yet.

keep an eye on things as others have said O0

checked him this morning and he's fine,popcorning as i had hold of him. O0

That's great love, just keep an eye over the next few days tho.... just in case O0
lol i like the sound of him popcorning when you're trying to check him out ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

believe it or not it is very hard to do,there jumping about while your trying to check there bit's, it is quit funny ;D ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back