hay stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all i bought a bag of easibed it was relly good no smell at all as they are all in the house but it was very expensive as i had to add on £5 postage so i cant afford it long term so ive gone back to good old newspaper and hay but after 24 hrs they stink i have always cleaned them out everyday because they live in the house but even within the 24 hrs they stink i have 3 piggies in the 140 cage xx

well, i know easibed is expensive as i use that occasionally but i have to afford it casue thats the only bedding i think is the best out of everything i have tried and will only try :D

I would never just use newspaper and hay as mine pee too much and thats one reason why i dotn use it and why it smells soo bad ;)

Well you will be suprised to learn that Finacard actually works out cheaper than Easibed and is much more absorbent. With Finacard you will not have to change for a week or ten days so also less work!

are you just a salesman for finacard or something? ?

think ill stick to megazorb ::)

happypet said:
Well you will be suprised to learn that Finacard actually works out cheaper than Easibed and is much more absorbent. With Finacard you will not have to change for a week or ten days so also less work!

We use newspaper then hay we clean out every 3 days max sometimes two especially in the bedrooms were the boys wee more.

Not heard of Finacard so cant comment on it. But IMO a week to ten days would be horrendous even if it doesnt smell the amount of poo and wee would be awful. Imagine their little paws trambling over all that mess :(

I agree with you Lindsay the longer you leave them without changing then the more chance they have on catching UTI through the bacteria. This is why I change daily on the girls as there are four of them in a hutch and as you can imagine quite a lot of poop! ;D I find my boys cleaner and they tend to poop in corners away from their sitting area, such good boys they are!

Emma why not try Megazorb, it;s around £5.00 for a 3 foot bag! I am using fleece blankets at the moment and change daily or every other day, it all depends on what you want you want to do, whether you want to clean out every day. With Megazorb twice a week is fine as it is absorbant. Have a look through the bedding section and read some reviews. :)

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
I find my boys cleaner and they tend to poop in corners away from their sitting area, such good boys they are!

Really interested to see you saying that. My boys poop in the corners and keep the rest of their cage looking good. The girls on the other hand just do it everywhere! Wonder if thats the norm, or do we just have very clean, well behaved boys? ;D

It would be interesting to find out! ;D The younger girls poop in their food bowl, mainly because it is big enough for them to sit in! ::)

heath does that. he only poops in one corner of the cage.

merlin and bob and munchie, however, like to spread themselves around i think! ;D

happypet said:
neevr heard of that and easibed is soo absorbant too and you dont have to clean them out for days either :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back