Hay Bale

Bluebell

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know, yet another thread about hay, but I'm so fed up with paying silly prices for little bags or boxes of dusty rubbish that I'm thinking of just getting in a bale - but it needs to be delivered and I actually found this on Amazon, "Shorefields".

The ad has a picture of large bale hay which I'm seriously hoping it isn't, though the price is the same as buying one of those. Am a bit worried about it as can't imagine I'll be very popular with whatever poor soul has to deliver it, but has anyone tried feed from them?

I’ve not used hay from this company but yes it looks to be an actual bale. You don’t need to be worried by it - they are used to delivering large items. Plus, I as a small 5’ 1 woman, manage to haul my bale around on my own!

I buy hay by the bale from a local farm, although what I buy costs just £7 for a large bale (around 20kg) so it’s a much more cost effective way to buy it. You do need somewhere to store it though. A bale lasts me approximately 8 weeks for my 5 animals

Hmm, yes there are bales for sale locally if I could collect, but the car is fitted out with dog cages. However I am wondering if one would fit on the passenger seat!

I buy a big bales from my local pet shop £7.00, the last bale was great, smelt lovely but the bale I have now isn’t much cop, maybe the weather has something to do with it, it’s hard to separate but I don’t think my 8 piggies are bothered. 🐷

I buy my bales from local farm shop, worth asking if they deliver, as some do worth the extra 50p .to help to save mess in your car if picking up yourself, sew up an old shower curtain into case.as yes you should be able to get one on the back seat. Got one in daughter's C5.

Back