Having outdoor guinea pigs inside for an hour a day

Isobel2407

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello I have 2 boys who live outdoors. In warmer weather I would put them in a run on the grass, however now the weather has changed they are not going out. I had considered getting a c&c cafe for indoors where they could run about for an hour a day to get some exercise. I just wanted to know if this would be ok or would it interfere with their temperature regulation. The temp of where they would be would not be higher than 16 degrees. We normally hold them indoors most days for 10- 15minutes.

Thank you for any advice

It’s not recommended to bring outdoor piggies indoors in winter. It exposes them to too much of a temperature fluctuation, particularly as winter progresses the difference will be even larger.
You would have to make sure indoors is the same temperature as outdoors (or within a five degree difference) to be able to bring them in without exposing them to the sudden changes.

Make sure to provide them with plenty of enrichment in their outdoor hutch and ensure the outdoor hutch is big enough for two boys (6 foot), and they will absolutely fine staying in the hutch

Back