Have you tried Safe Bed by Petlife International Ltd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My local shop only sells Safe Bed by Petlife International Ltd in the paper flakes and fluff bedding.
It states it is naturally Safe & Non-Toxic, they also state it is made from plant fibers and is safe, bio-degradable.

I am weary of trying this product, is it OK to use? Just because it says safe on the packet, I do not know if I can believe it.

Does it have any oils in it?

Ive never heard of it to be honest, but I'm sure someone has O0

It does not say.
The paper flakes looks like the cheap ajax clothes all cut up, blue & white check and the fluff looks like very fine cotton wool.

I would be unsure because of the cotton wooley stuff....but have no idea to be honest :-\

this is what it looks like

HPIM1230.jpg

No, I wouldnt use either to be honest, def not the white stuff...if you ask Mary I am sure she will be able to tell you :)

Don't use the fluffy stuff..it's really dangerous (well, is for hamsters etc. anyway so I wouldn't trust it for piggies!) the shredded j-cloth type stuff is suitable for hamsters but no idea for piggies.

How about just using newspaper and hay if you can't find any other beddings?

Thanks Jane for the advice, at the moment I am using shredded paper, hay and newspaper underneath that.

I just thought as it is getting colder at night and what with him being so young, may be he needed extra bedding.

Is he kept indoor or outdoors?

If he's indoors then don't worry he'll be fine :D Maybe you could get him a cosy or two too ;) If he's outdoors then you should really bring him in atleast for the winter ;)

I wouldnt use it either to be honest, the blue one looks like torn up j cloths! You could get one of those snuggle house things but they should be fine :)

lavenderjade said:
I wouldnt use it either to be honest, the blue one looks like torn up j cloths! You could get one of those snuggle house things but they should be fine :)

lol it is shredded j cloths (well so I'm told) apparently it's perfectly safe for hamsters so I would assume it is safe for piggies too but it does look rather strange to me! ?

thats what I ment J cloths, D'oh I called them ajax cloths.

I am tempted to make him something he can snuggle in as he is so small, he is an indoor piggy.

Maybe make him a cosey or buy one? They keep them snuggley! :smitten: :smitten:

Ive seen people with those snuggle houses that look like a slipper, nice and cosy :)

Jane said:
lol it is shredded j cloths (well so I'm told) apparently it's perfectly safe for hamsters so I would assume it is safe for piggies too but it does look rather strange to me! ?

That's exactly what the blue stuff is is - shredded cloths. If they (hamsters OR guinea pigs) ingested it or the white fluff they risk serious blockage. It does NOT break down like paper would and has the potential to kill.

If your piggy has lots of hay and a pigloo he should be fine if he is indoors.

daftscotslass said:
Jane said:

That's exactly what the blue stuff is is - shredded cloths. If they (hamsters OR guinea pigs) ingested it or the white fluff they risk serious blockage. It does NOT break down like paper would and has the potential to kill.

I agree that the fluffy stuff is very dangerous (for many reasons, not just because they can eat it) but I have been told by various people that the blue stuff is fine ;) Personally I still wouldn't use it but still.

Thanks for that Jane, I will give it to the kids and let them play with it, they love art lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back