• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

has he had a prolapse?

• Thread starter Thread starter pp
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pp

Hi
I'm hoping someone with more experience can answer this question. Apologies if this question is dumb.
I bought 2 male guinea pigs about 6 weeks ago (christened Mr White and Mr Brown by my younger brother). I was told that they were 10 weeks old at the pet shop, so they must be about 16 weeks old now. No problems with them.
I was out in the garden a few minutes ago and just watching them play/eat/run in their outdoor run. I saw something long poking out from the hind legs of Mr White from where his testicles are. It then retracted itself then came out again - this went on for about 4 to 5 times until it finally retracted itself. I would say that it was a good 3-4cm. Mr white didn't seem in pain and he continued to eat grass afterwards. It was really odd - like from a scifi horror film!
Is he prolapsing? Should I be making an appointment with the vet?
Or...ahem (blush blush)....was he somehow stretching is manhood? Are parts of the male guinea pig penis internal that can be streched out and retracted?
I hope to hear from someone soon as am a bit worried that its something more serious.
pp

Sounds like you've just copped a look of his normally hidden bits! they are alot bigger than you imagine :P at 16 weeks old they will be feeling their hormones now and prob just establishing who's going to be the dominant one...... hope this helps

yeah id agree lol

first time i saw my two do that i was like 'what are they doing ?'

then it clicked ;D

Thanks for the replies! I feel much better that its not something serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back