Has Anyone Used The Northeast Guinea Pig Rescue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig007

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I e-mailed them earlier in the week enquiring about adopting one of their pigs and sent a follow up e-mail today yet I have not received any response.

I copied in all my details - including pictures of the palace that my pigs live in and if I am honest I thought they would be biting my hands off to take one of the pigs. However, I feel I am doing all the chasing. They are on the listing of recommended rescues.

I know they have a issue with pigs being kept on saw dust and I openly admitted that currently that is what is in the cage. But I also mentioned that I am hopefully planning to change to fleece (pending confirmation of an order). That said surely they wouldn't deprive a pig a wonderful home simply for the bedding that I use?

I am just curious if anyone has had any dealings with them before and the lack of response is normal. It is only their website mentions that e-mails are checked and responded to on a daily basis.

I have! I work quite closely with them as i fostered for them but have now started my own rescue and they have been very helpful and supportive.
The delay in response is totally normal for them as rather busy :)

Plesase be patient; this is a small rescue that is privately run in the free time; it is not a big centre with a fully paid receptionist! Layla will come back to you as soon as she is able to.

A number of members have rehomed from NEGPR and were always happy with the result.

I recommended the rescue to a friend of mine who is looking for a female to be bonded with hers, she contacted them over 3 weeks ago and again last week but still no joy.
They must be extremely busy :-(

Hello @Pig007 , i run a small rescue in Tyne and Wear Rosie and Brambles Guinea Pig Santuary. All my guineas go through quaruntine, pregnancy watch etc feel free to pm me :)

I would give it a little while longer as they're very busy & pretty full up at the moment with a waiting list on piggies coming into the rescue. If you sent an email you could also try sending a text just in case they have pc probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back