Has anyone got this Rodipet guinea pig house?

Helen82

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello - Primrose and Stanley's main house has finally become a bit too unhygienic for them to keep and they need a replacement. (This is what they used to have: Elmato Freddy 12811 Guinea Pig House with 3 Entrances : Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies )

I did think when the time came I would get them one of whelband's guinea pig castles from Ebay ( (Updated design of my original)Guinea Pig Castle. Shelter/house hide. | eBay ) but neither of them are using the ramp to go upstairs to their loft area anymore so I don't know if they would use the ramp on the castle. It doesn't seem worth it if they wouldn't use the ramp, and the castle doesn't have any side entrances/exits which they are used to.

I'm considering the ZooDi +Granit guinea pig house from Rodipet ( ZooDi® +GRANiT Guinea Pig House ) and was wondering if anyone on here has got it and can let me know of positives/negatives, or if anyone else would consider it a good choice or a bad choice?

Hello - Primrose and Stanley's main house has finally become a bit too unhygienic for them to keep and they need a replacement. (This is what they used to have: Elmato Freddy 12811 Guinea Pig House with 3 Entrances : Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies )

I did think when the time came I would get them one of whelband's guinea pig castles from Ebay ( (Updated design of my original)Guinea Pig Castle. Shelter/house hide. | eBay ) but neither of them are using the ramp to go upstairs to their loft area anymore so I don't know if they would use the ramp on the castle. It doesn't seem worth it if they wouldn't use the ramp, and the castle doesn't have any side entrances/exits which they are used to.

I'm considering the ZooDi +Granit guinea pig house from Rodipet ( ZooDi® +GRANiT Guinea Pig House ) and was wondering if anyone on here has got it and can let me know of positives/negatives, or if anyone else would consider it a good choice or a bad choice?
Looks nice and roomy.

It looks nice. But I think it's a bit smaller than your old one.
Mine wouldn't share it. One piggy in and that's it. ;) But since you have got a pair, maybe they are more likely to share.

My piggies have the castle. It’s plenty big enough for at least 2 piggies downstairs with 2 exits, so works well. I put paper and hay on the top and the piggies use it as an extra lounging and eating area. The ramp is very short and not very high. Even old arthritic Holly has no issues using it.

We have the caste and also this one from the eBay seller they are a lovely small business and the boys absolutely love them both! 894DF1B9-DB9B-4FB1-97FC-7FFED1D26A9A.webp

It looks nice. But I think it's a bit smaller than your old one.
Mine wouldn't share it. One piggy in and that's it. ;) But since you have got a pair, maybe they are more likely to share.
I've been doing some calculations (or rather I've been using an online calculator)! The old one was 45cm x 27cm which converted equals approx 1.31 square feet. The Rodipet one is 38cm x 38cm which converted equals approx 1.55 square feet. The castle is 45.7cm x 25.4cm which converted equals approx 1.29 square feet. (Though they'll all be a little less than this as these are the 'outside wall' measurements.) So actually the Rodipet works out to have more space inside, which is good.

Mine only share their house very rarely, but they also have a fiddlesticks bridge which they use as a hidey. So usually one uses the house and one uses the bridge and they swap hideys several times during the course of a day!

My piggies have the castle. It’s plenty big enough for at least 2 piggies downstairs with 2 exits, so works well. I put paper and hay on the top and the piggies use it as an extra lounging and eating area. The ramp is very short and not very high. Even old arthritic Holly has no issues using it.
This is why I initially liked the idea of the castle as you would have two areas for the price of one. But the last few months both my piggies just push the ramp to their loft about as if to say "it's in the way" rather than go up it (and Stanley used to go up to the loft a lot) and I worry they'll just do the same with the castle ramp.

I've been doing some calculations (or rather I've been using an online calculator)! The old one was 45cm x 27cm which converted equals approx 1.31 square feet. The Rodipet one is 38cm x 38cm which converted equals approx 1.55 square feet. The castle is 45.7cm x 25.4cm which converted equals approx 1.29 square feet. (Though they'll all be a little less than this as these are the 'outside wall' measurements.) So actually the Rodipet works out to have more space inside, which is good.

Mine only share their house very rarely, but they also have a fiddlesticks bridge which they use as a hidey. So usually one uses the house and one uses the bridge and they swap hideys several times during the course of a day!
It's bigger but not rectangular. So it will be shared less than your old one.
But if they are not supposed to share it (guinea pigs are never good at sharing hideys ;)), it is a comfortable house for one for sure.

It's bigger but not rectangular. So it will be shared less than your old one.
But if they are not supposed to share it (guinea pigs are never good at sharing hideys ;)), it is a comfortable house for one for sure.
Good point! But yes, Primrose and Stanley aren't the best at sharing. Or rather their philosophy is "what's mine is mine, and what's yours is also mine"...

Back