• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Harry down the vet tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I got Harry out for a cuddle today and noticed he had a largiesh scab on his left arm. It looks red in colour so it's obviously been bleeding. He's always been a flakey pig and gets a lot of dander. But the only thing i can think of now is that he has mites and has been chewing himself. Poor little man. So, i shall be ringing the vets in the morning and getting an appointment so see whats going on. I hope it is mites because it'l be easy to treat, but hope not as the girls will prob need treating too! I remember when Wige got Mainge(sp) she gave it to Tiny and i had to treat the both of them. ;D R.I.P my little ones. :'( :-*

Hi love i hope all goes well at the vets today for you and Harry :smitten: :smitten:
Let us know please :)
Paws crossed and hugs to you :)

Thanks. I shall ring the vet at 8.30 when they open. Hopefully i can get an early apt. I shall keep you all updated.

Just got back. He's got mainge. Poor lad. Just had his medicated bath. Had an injection of 'Panomec'.
Have to bath the girls and they go in tomorrow to have an injection each too. Harry goes back in 2 weeks time for another injection. If the girls are ok they'll only have the one. Once everyone is bathed i can clean out and disinfect all the cages! At least it's nice and treatable.

ahhh give him a kiss for me I too was at vets so know how you are feeling Artie had an op to find 2 abcesses hopefully alls well waiting to pick him up now, 2 brave little fur balls :-* for Harry :-* for Artie

Awww, yes lots of kisses and cuddle for our brave boys. :smitten:
h050.gif

Glad Artie is doing ok. Just read your post.

Just took the girls in. Saw a different vet today. I shall make sure i dont see her again. Instead of putting the injection into the scruff, she did it into the leg/hip area. Nutmeg was a star and purred straight after. But Grissom protested, verbally and physically. She ended up with the needle part left in her when the syringe part was not attached. >:(
Poor little girl. I made sure that when they go back in 2 weeks time it is with the vet we saw yesterday. Even the nurse said she's great with the little ones and likes seeing them. Whereas some just prefer the bigger animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back