Harry and food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I had harry out on the floor with my two girls today. When i picked him up yesterday he seemed a bit boney. I can feel his spine quite easily, but he does have a big belly! I put an apple on the floor and he was first to get there. When one of the girls went near he would start to chatter his teeth and squeek. I move the girl away and he would take the apple nearer him. All of my other pigs have shared quite happily, but he appears to guard his food quite fiercly. Any tips/explanantions?

As far as him feeling boney, I'd personally weigh him every other day and monitor any fluctuations. Obviously if he starts to ,lose or any other health change, have him checked over asap. Watch him carefully to ensure that he is eating his dry food and hay okay, just in case he is experiencing molar problems.

Some guineas do guard food that they are especially fond of , so just make sure that there are enough pieces of apple (or whatever) for each guinea pig ;)

I wouldn't worry too much at the moment, but do keep an eye on his weight.
Hope he is okay :)

Barbara

Ok, i've just weighed Harry. According to my scales he's about 850grams. I've been told he's about 3years as mentioned, is he underweight? I've noticed most piggies on here weigh more then that.

I'm not really experienced enough to answer that but id say it should drop much below that

anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back