Harringtons optimum pellets

eileen

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
I occasionally buy 10kgs bags of Harringtons optimum guinea pig pellets.
These have now been discontinued,therefore harringtons will not be making any small animal pellets.
There maybe some stock left at on line/ off line retailers,but once all gone .There will be no more.

I occasionally buy 10kgs bags of Harringtons optimum guinea pig pellets.
These have now been discontinued,therefore harringtons will not be making any small animal pellets.
There maybe some stock left at on line/ off line retailers,but once all gone .There will be no more.

Same problem here. ☹️

The last Harrington's 10 kg bags are on offer online for silly money and you have to be very careful to check whether they are actually 10 kg bags and not just 2 kg bags. :yikes:

I usually bulk buy 10 kg bags on offer for free delivery but I have had to switch to the new Science Selective 10 kg bags last month as the best compromise between cost and quality; not that there is much choice of brands for larger quantities. SS didn't use to sell large bags, so that was at least a nice surprise.

Thankfully, with my three arrivals this year each coming with their own different pellet leftovers, the Tribe have had quite a range of pellets to eat this year. Merlin did come with Science Select, so the switch was not a problem since my piggies will eat anything now and they are already used to SS.

Out of curiosity I just looked at the price for a 10kg bag of the Burgess and then said something I can't actually repeat, hah. Mind you Burgess in general is kinda expensive.

I mostly use Burgess and Harrington both for small mammals and the dogs, I've never had any problem getting them all before, but now I can't get Burgess (and yet it's made in England) for either and just this month have started having problems with the Harringtons. I so hope this isn't a sign that all the independent food firms will end up in the hands of the big few like Mars. They got their hands on Royal Canin and it went from a brilliant food to one I wouldn't feed.

Back