Harrington’s guinea pig food gone up in price 😞

Claire W

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
I buy my Harrington’s guinea pig food from my local non animal selling pet shop and it’s gone up from £5.59 to £6.59 for a 2kg bag! 😞 I have checked on Amazon and it’s even more expensive plus I prefer to support my local pet shop. It would be cheaper to buy a 10kg bag which the pet shop man offered to order in for me but unfortunately I don’t have the space to store it as I’m already taking up lots of room with their hay. He was really apologetic even though it isn’t his fault but I can’t believe how much it’s gone up 😞 Gone are the days of buying a bag of Harrington’s for less than £3 x

Blimey! We were in Just for Pets the other day and it's ridiculously expensive in there, £7.99 for a 2kg bag! 😮
We were thinking of getting some as they are tiny little nuggets which seem easier for Belle to manage at the minute (and the babies too) but we ended up going elsewhere and got a bag of burgess.
Working in a small, independent pet based business though (albeit dogs) things have really shot up for business owners for sure.

Blimey! We were in Just for Pets the other day and it's ridiculously expensive in there, £7.99 for a 2kg bag! 😮
We were thinking of getting some as they are tiny little nuggets which seem easier for Belle to manage at the minute (and the babies too) but we ended up going elsewhere and got a bag of burgess.
Working in a small, independent pet based business though (albeit dogs) things have really shot up for business owners for sure.

Yes, Harrington’s are £7.99 for a 2kg bag on Amazon too so my local pet shop is still cheaper but I could have fallen through the floor when he told me the price as that means they’ve gone up a £1 in a matter of months. When I first started feeding Harrington’s, they were only £2.99 a bag although admittedly that was several years a go but still 😞 I feel sorry for small business owners who are having to increase their prices to match the cost of living x

I know what you mean.I buy the selective grain free nuggets and they've gone up in price and when I ordered my last bag,I had to get it from Amazon as pets at home were out and that was nearly £2 more.

I know what you mean.I buy the selective grain free nuggets and they've gone up in price and when I ordered my last bag,I had to get it from Amazon as pets at home were out and that was nearly £2 more.

I’m sorry that your guinea pigs food has gone up in price too 😞 It’s crazy isn’t it?! x

Thanks for the link, unfortunately with the added delivery fee it would work out more expensive than pah and Amazon.
Oh sorry, didn't realise they'd changed the shipping charges since I last bought from there 🤦‍♀️

To be honest everything's going up. I'm currently price comparing everything to get costs down. It's ridiculous.

Back