Harleys gotta mansion!

• Thread starter Thread starter CharlottiesPiggies
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CharlottiesPiggies

Well...its not huge, I'm working on the logic that soon they will be going out everyday, I know this hutch isnt 5 x 2, but its still quite roomy!

Its the Parsley Den from P@H - Will post pics of the lil man in it later ;D he likes it quite alot, proper batchelor pad....not for long though, gonna start introducing Merry & Rosie :o

Re: Harleys gotta mansion! *pics!*

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

He loves it :D

Yeah i was gonna say that - looks like a rabbit one cause guinea pigs dont need the height that big ;)

hehe, I know it is, but I like big tall hutches ? hehe, I'm only gonna be using it as a temperory thing in the summer as they will out in the ark all day ;D ;)

Ahhhhh bless him he does look like hes in a mansion though ;D ;D

thing is when I introduce Merry & Rosie theres really only room in there for Harleys blue cocoon and the other small yellow one, two houses between three may work? :-\

You know I saw this cage in P@H the other day. I bought the sage, I think it was called, double layered house with a ramp etc.instead I was really surprised that they were selling this house for guineapigs as it was extraordinarily high inside, I even checked if it was just for rabbits, but no it listed guineas too. Saying that it was too small for a very large rabbit in terms of floor area. I was contemplating buying it and adding another layer, as somebody else mentioned above in this thread - but wasn't sure how to go about doing it. Wouldn't it be great if you doubled his floor space by adding a layer ?

Yah I mean during the summer it will be fine for the three of them to go in, I know its not the stated minimum, but if its only for night time, I cant see a problem for the moment, its not like its a 24/7 house atm

Popcorn said:
You know I saw this cage in P@H the other day. I bought the sage, I think it was called, double layered house with a ramp etc.instead I was really surprised that they were selling this house for guineapigs as it was extraordinarily high inside, I even checked if it was just for rabbits, but no it listed guineas too. Saying that it was too small for a very large rabbit in terms of floor area. I was contemplating buying it and adding another layer, as somebody else mentioned above in this thread - but wasn't sure how to go about doing it. Wouldn't it be great if you doubled his floor space by adding a layer ?

Actually it doesn't matter if you add another layer - piggies aren't natural climbers and some will refuse right out to use ramps etc. It also reduces ventilation on the lower level and any ramps for access takes up valuable space on the ground floor. Horizontal space is much better for piggies.

All my hutches have "lofts" - which are shelves, approx 18" deep at one end. All my piggies love them, some access them via ramps, others have tunnels but all use them & it adds a bit of extra space & underneath makes a great hidey esp when stuffed floor to ceiling with hay :)

I have the parsley den for 2 spoilt pigs. They love it and it doesn't bother me that the height is very high. In my opinion it's too small for a rabbit (even a dwarf) so I wouldn't use it for anything except pigs

Mine have always loved ramps! None of them have had any issue with using them; surely they aren't 'climbing' as such, they are just walking up hill ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back