Happy guinea pigs?

• Thread starter Thread starter dougalanddylan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dougalanddylan

I put my guinea pigs in the hall tonight for a run as I have done a few times now. I block off the kitchen and lounge with boxes so that we can still get through and put newspaper in the corner that they tend to piddle and poo in the most.

I have seen them popcorning in the cage now a few times. At first, I didn't know what this was as I am new to piggies. I couldn't understand why they seemed to be twitching. A bit of research and chat to a friend allayed my fears.

They usually hide in a corner mostly and don't explore that much but tonight it was different. They seemed to run around a lot and ignored the fact that I was there (rather than cower in the furthest corner). I put two tubes in there and they loved that. My husband said that Dylan was running in and out of one of them.

I noticed that for the first time that they were doing a succession of mini bunny hops as well and they were wheeking loads and loads!

I just thought that tonight it seemed to be that they were really happy for the first time so just wanted to share my happiness.

My husband moaned a bit as they did piddle and poo around the hall a lot but that is what the mop is for isn't it! We have wood laminated flooring by the way.

Aww it's great watching them isn't it :) I love watching them do the piggy train too :)

It's great seeing guineas enjoying themselves like this. It's worth the little bit of pee and poo!

Aww, my babies do this all the time, mad circuits and then leaping here & there, I could watch them for hours!

Gemma x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back