Happy guinea pig Gigi

gigilover123

New Born Pup
Reaction score
2 1/2 Years ago I came to this forum for help with a guinea pig I had gotten from a guy who had her in a tub with no hides, only a towel and some hay. Credit where it's due he did save her from being euthanized by her previous previous owner, where she had lived in a small animal carrier with a male for (i think) two years. When this owner found out she was pregnant again she took both guineas to be euthanized and that's where her next owner saved her. Soon I heard of this and when I realized he had kids who were handling her even though she was pregnant, I offered to take her and he agreed. Her name is Gigi and it was love at first sight. My first posts show how scared for her I was and after a long 10 hours she lost her pup due to it being stuck, but I was just happy she survived. She's much older now and even has some grey hairs under her top coat of fur, but she's big and healthy! I even got her a female friend and a male (neutered) friend, who she loves to yell at when they try to take her veggies. I gave Gigi a small piece of cherry after her spa (nail clip) day and that's why she has that goop in the third pic. I thought it might be nice to see how she's been to anyone from the first forum post sees this, they helped a lot at the time.

Attachments

• 1gigi.webp
    1gigi.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 2gigi.webp
    2gigi.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 89987.webp
    89987.webp
    6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220719_222249.webp
    20220719_222249.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 12
She’s gorgeous. You did a wonderful thing for her. She’s living her best life now with you and her piggy family.

Back