Happy 8th Adoption Anniversary, Morwenna!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Today is a very special day for me: It's the first time that a Tribe piggy can celebrate their 8th 'Gotcha Day'! :cake:

Morwenna then and now
1651432198249.png DSCN4382_edited-2.jpg

I am extra blessed that the most unlikely of my adoptees is the one to pass this particular milestone. Morwenna was only 40g when born to a freshly rescued highly pregnant sow in a bad state and needed a helping hand from @furryfriends (TEAS) in her first days at TEAS sanctuary. She is the last living of my TEAS triplets. Her litter sister, black Mererid, sadly died nearly 3 months ago just days before her 8th birthday in February.

Bonding the Triplets with their much loved daddy/hub and my then TEAS fosters Essylt/Jessica and Crisiant/Krystal as their ready made family to grow up in. Morwenna is the tiny one.
1651432306798.png

Morwenna has had a couple of 'wobbles' in recent months but she is still here.

Little miracles do sometimes happen... and this is one of the most unexpected one considering the hellhole she has come out of!

Happy gotcha day! What a lovely piggy! Just goes to show, never to give up on rescues no matter how bad the start. What’s that saying, lost causes are the ones worth fighting for..

Happy 8th Gotcha Day beautiful girl. It really was your lucky day when Wiebke chose you to join her tribe. xx

Happy 8th Gotcha Day beautiful girl. It really was your lucky day when Wiebke chose you to join her tribe. xx

Actually, it was @furryfriends (TEAS) who did the choosing! :)

I'd ask for one of the three girls after having lost three piggies in just a month at the start of the year without much great hope because Debbie was really smitten with the babues. However, a few days later, I was asked whether I wanted two and on the eve of the adoption it was suddenly all three because of a potentially life saving dental emergency intake needing the cage space. Morwenna was very much a last minute gift - because she meant a lot to Debbie after her wobbly start into life.

Anyway, Bedo rose to the task as nursery nurse-cum daddy-cum husboar to a trio of very lively and mischievous youngsters admirably!

The birth of these piggies brought me some joy, after losing my dear friend, Linda, to cancer, just a few weeks before they were born. Initially I decided I would keep them, or at least one, but realistically they didn’t need to be at TEAS, as they didn’t have any heath issues! It was then that I decided that I would offer them all to @Wiebke 😊

Happy Aniversary Morwenna. 8 years ago you landed on all four paws when you went to your new home.

Morwenna is one of my favourite girls names. My eldest daughter was almost Morwenna but ended up with a slightly shorter similar name.

I saw this post quite late. What a wonderful story of Morwenna, I’m sure she has had a wonderful day and again happy 8th gotcha day beautiful Morwenna 🥰

I saw this post quite late. What a wonderful story of Morwenna, I’m sure she has had a wonderful day and again happy 8th gotcha day beautiful Morwenna 🥰

Sadly, no fresh grass for her today (her favourite) as it was too damp and likely to cause a tummy upset in my old lady; the proper celebration has to wait until later in the week for a sunny and warm day. ;)

Back