• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Hamish update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After I returned home she looked so upset :'( and I could see she was struggling to eat still but I was not too worried as I knew she would soon settle. I took her out for a cuddle and another inspection of her teeth to my horror I discovered the one and only bottom tooth had been burred too leaving poor Hamish unable to hold food in her mouth let alone pick it up :'( I was so upset and have been stringe feeding her critcal care since last night. Hamish is perky in herself though for now.
Today I went back to the vets to fetch some more critical care and was only charged half price after speaking with the vet. I am hoping Hamish will be ok if she starts going downhill we may have to pts. She is a very small piggie and has lost weight keep your fingers crossed for her.

Michelle :'(

Get well soon Hamish ...keep fighting :-*
Hugs and kisses for you both
fingers ,toes and paws crossed here :) Sammy xx

HAMISH (((((((HUGS))))))
I hope you get better soon!

Our fingers and paws are crossed :smitten:

(((((((((hugs))))))))) really hop she gets better soon and starts pigging out! Your mummy loves you hamish, get well soon for her :smitten: :smitten:

Please do not consider pts for a dental problem.
The teeth will soon grow back.Try cutting the veggies into slithers and putting them well back on the molars,he should be able to eat them.
When I syringe feed I mix the Critical Care with powdered dry mix(I use a coffee grinder),mix with warm water to a soup consistency.I sometimes add some pureed carrot or fruit.You can but jars of pureed baby food that are very good.The carrot and potato is very popular.Mashed banana could be offered as well.
In between mouthfuls of food,give some water.,and when you have finished feeding sluice some water across the tongue to remove any stale food.Always do this from the side of the mouth not the front.
The mouth will be sore for a few days after any dental treatment and a peasize blob of Daktarin gel ,twice a day will help.
If the mouth smells or you think there is any infection get a tube of Neem toothpaste from GG,and clean the mouth ,using a cotton bud,twice a day.

maryh said:
Please do not consider pts for a dental problem.
The teeth will soon grow back.Try cutting the veggies into slithers and putting them well back on the molars,he should be able to eat them.
When I syringe feed I mix the Critical Care with powdered dry mix(I use a coffee grinder),mix with warm water to a soup consistency.I sometimes add some pureed carrot or fruit.You can but jars of pureed baby food that are very good.The carrot and potato is very popular.Mashed banana could be offered as well.
In between mouthfuls of food,give some water.,and when you have finished feeding sluice some water across the tongue to remove any stale food.Always do this from the side of the mouth not the front.
The mouth will be sore for a few days after any dental treatment and a peasize blob of Daktarin gel ,twice a day will help.
If the mouth smells or you think there is any infection get a tube of Neem toothpaste from GG,and clean the mouth ,using a cotton bud,twice a day.

Mary pts is not a what I want to do and believe me would no way do this unless I thought it the best thing for her. Hamish has had an on going dental problems for a long time now and has lost a lot of weight too no fat on her. At the moment she is doing ok.If she goes further down hill I will NOT let her suffer we have been fighting for a long time. I am now at a point where she is refusing the stringe more than taking it. I was up last night feeding her every two hours and have been doing the same all day and will continue to do so .
All of what you suggested has already been done but thankyou anyway :)

Hugs For Hamish and you, hope she manages her CC for you. :smitten:

Hugs, for you and Hamish I hope she starts eating again for you and her teeth will be ok. :smitten:

Hamish has been nibbling at her readigrass :smitten: and ate a few veggie too while I have been at work . Just given her CC and she took it better than earlier. Tonight I will u get up and do a night feed. I am just going to do ALL I can for her and see will see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back