Hairy Washing Machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartsavage

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I've been using fleece for my piggies which I changed every other day. But I've now noticed that hairs are appearing on my clothes from the washing machine! I can't afford a separate one so have just gone back to shavings while I sort something out. The problem is they wee everywhere! Their beds have to be washed daily and now I can't use the machine, it's getting a bit silly. Any advice?

Oh that's a great idea! Do you wash your piggies beds daily too? I hate using shavings! I only used to use them in the litter tray but they still prefer to wee in their beds!

I put all the piggies fleece/towels etc into a laundry bag before putting it in the machine. I still get the odd hair but nowhere near as bad. I got a pack of 2 from sainsburys for under £5. They're so big they easily hold a blanket and around 3towels x

when I empty the fleeces out of the drum I run my hand round the inside of the drum a few times to get the hairs out. The wet hairs cling to my fingers and I just bin them.

We brush the fleece down with a wire brush shoved it in the washer and afterwards do a empty cycle to rinse out... Did say to the OH about putting it in a bed spread or something but he's adamant it won't wash through properly. Oh well it's his washing machine so I'll humour him ;)

We brush the fleece down with a wire brush shoved it in the washer and afterwards do a empty cycle to rinse out... Did say to the OH about putting it in a bed spread or something but he's adamant it won't wash through properly. Oh well it's his washing machine so I'll humour him ;)

I had my doubts about cleanliness too but my fleeces come out spotless after a hot wash.

Hello,
oh hurrah! I google horse wash bag and they were quite dear, and so now I will use the doona cover too. Thank you soooo much. My washing machine says thank you too. Byeee

I did use a pillow case but no matter how hard I tied it it came undone in the washer so at last I gave in and brought a horse wash bag.They are a bit expensive (but a new washing machine would cost more ) THEY ARE BRILLIANT not one hair or bit of hay I have missed escapes it I got a medium size and it is big enough for me .I do all my dogs bedding in it as well.

I just brought a jumbo horse wash bag and I'm really pleased with it, it was £16 with p&p it's made very well and no hair in the washer. It does clean well but the items still have hair on them even though I get as much off as I can before.
I have one of those huge drum washers with the big black door ;) so I wash piggy washing every 6 days which is two fleeces towels a snuggle sack and tunnel liner (I try not to over filling the bag/washer) I put it on a clean cycle afterwards. Love the duvet case idea too.

I did use a pillow case but no matter how hard I tied it it came undone in the washer so at last I gave in and brought a horse wash bag.They are a bit expensive (but a new washing machine would cost more ) THEY ARE BRILLIANT not one hair or bit of hay I have missed escapes it I got a medium size and it is big enough for me .I do all my dogs bedding in it as well.

Try a hair band/bobble I've had no issues with pillow cases coming undone since.

Have posted this in a different thread but will post it here too. I use petware washbags and swear by them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back