• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Hair regrowth after ovarian cysts

Megann120

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi All,
Our piggy Cookie was losing weight and hair and was diagnosed with ovarian cysts. She was spayed, surgery was a success and she recovered quickly. However, she is still losing her hair, on the sides and her coat looks thinner and thinner.
I am thinking that maybe it needs time for the hormones to stabilise normalise or sth like that, but I cannot find any info how long it can take. Anyone has any experience with this matter?

Hi All,
Our piggy Cookie was losing weight and hair and was diagnosed with ovarian cysts. She was spayed, surgery was a success and she recovered quickly. However, she is still losing her hair, on the sides and her coat looks thinner and thinner.
I am thinking that maybe it needs time for the hormones to stabilise normalise or sth like that, but I cannot find any info how long it can take. Anyone has any experience with this matter?

Hi

How long ago was the spay and was it an ovariectomy or was the womb removed as well?

Hi,
It was two months ago and everything was removed.

Hi

Thank you. This is not normal.
Please see your vet and have her checked for any skin parasites, mild fungal skin infection, nutritional deficits etc. before you and your vet look further.
Removing the whole reproductive tract means that there are no longer any seasons and female hormones. Any hair loss should have grown back by now (it usually happens within a month).

Guinea Lynx :: Hair Loss

Thank you, will do.

All the best! Start with the least expensive options and work your way up. It is always difficult to work out what is going on with mystery hair loss that doesn't fit the usual patterns or that should no longer be there.

Back