hair Clippers

Fluffy17

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just cut my sheltie GP’s hair bc its getting long especially around the private area. She HATES when i comb her hair so I just don’t, i don’t wanna stress her. Cutting her hair was a must bc some hair got matted a bit and also it’s summer but it was so stressful, a lot of the times she would move. I even watched youtube videos and tried to replicate but nothing made it easier. She wasn’t like this the first time i cut her hair months ago.

Do you guys have any advise? Do yall use hair clippers? Bc some people tell me that it stresses piggies. Is it true?

I don’t use clippers as the noise does affect my furballs and anyone else I groom.
I use a pair of grooming scissors, and I find a brush that is wide combed is best so it doesn’t drag in their hair.
Some guineas are sensitive, I have a bruiser called Todd and he hates it, however using a wider brush at first and then using my scissors to trim. They have a round end like safety scissors. A good helping of herbs help too!

I use scissors for my long haired boys. I don't like to stress them out so I have never brushed their hair in the past.
For cutting the bum hair, I use a tunnel shown below, so they can sit quietly while I cut the bum hair. I put a photo below, so I hope you find it useful.
IMG_4769.webp

I use scissors for my long haired boys. I don't like to stress them out so I have never brushed their hair in the past.
For cutting the bum hair, I use a tunnel shown below, so they can sit quietly while I cut the bum hair. I put a photo below, so I hope you find it useful.
View attachment 227868
Thanks so much! Ill definitely give this a try

I don’t use clippers as the noise does affect my furballs and anyone else I groom.
I use a pair of grooming scissors, and I find a brush that is wide combed is best so it doesn’t drag in their hair.
Some guineas are sensitive, I have a bruiser called Todd and he hates it, however using a wider brush at first and then using my scissors to trim. They have a round end like safety scissors. A good helping of herbs help too!
Unfortunately mines hates all kinds of combs so sometimes i pet her gently and kind of brush her with my hands 😂 ill try the herb trick tho, thank you!

Back