Hair Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris121

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have two guinea pigs. Diego who is shorthair and Banoffee who is longhair.
Now Banoffee does not like being brushed he freaks out and runs away, can anyone give any tips on ways no make it easyer and keep him calm.

I have a long haired guinea pig. I brush him really gently and never try to comb through any knots in the hair which I just cut off. I tend to keep his hair clipped round his rear end and regularly cut all his hair so it doesn't trail on the floor too much. He always let me know when I have brushed a little too hard by giving me a little squeak. When I first got him in November he wasn't at all keen on being combed or brushed but now he tends to settle and accepts the inevitable. I try and brush him every day. It helps if you can give him a bit of food like cucumber as a bribe.

Yeah I'm still learning with my texel I do tend to just run my fingers through his hair tho , trimming I find takes time and patience , and like val said trim the matts if there is any. Just keep plodding on you and your piggie will get there in the end x

Welcome. I found its best to keep bottom hair in short layers and just let sides and front grow and trim at floor length it doesnt seem to get as knotty like that!

They get used it is eventually and it gelps to distract them with their fav veggies

Welcome. I found its best to keep bottom hair in short layers and just let sides and front grow and trim at floor length it doesnt seem to get as knotty like that!

They get used it is eventually and it gelps to distract them with their fav veggies
That is my aim it's not looking too bad! My son said I should be a piggie groomer:love: I think he likes taking the...... Out of me ! X

You get better with practice. I've graduated to my hubbies hair now as he Is too lazy to go to barbers. Hes a bit lazy and doesnt mind if its not perfect (thank god) I'm thinking of taking a animal grooming course so I can do it professionally lol. I really enjoy cutting hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back